What style is this dining set? Is it formal, french country, or what?




KimberlyJ


http://www.gowfb.com/7-PC-Highland-Home-Round-Pedestal-Dining-Room-Furniture-Set-by-Liberty-Furniture-p-23031.php?products_id=23031

I like casual but elegant furniture. I'm trying to decide if I'll like this set. The people at the store think it might be too formal for my taste, but I think it looks kind of country. Thanks for any advice.



Answer
It's sort of a "queen anne meets the country cousin" style. This is actually a poorly conceived furniture design; it looks like it's trying awfully hard to be a formal "Queen Anne" set (the turning of the legs, the dark mahogany etc), but those horizontal slats on the chairs are pure country.

This is not casual in the least ~ it's the chair backs that are giving you the illusion of being a country set.

chicago dining where?




Dan





Answer
Pretty wide range of options...
Greektown is wonderful if you happen to be in the mood for Greek food.
Chinatown is another option.
I happen to really enjoy Heaven on Seven, the one on Wabash I think is best. (111 N. Wabash, 7th floor)
I like The Italian Village, the restaurant on the second floor, prices are not outrageous and if you want romantic they do have some tables set into alcoves for more privacy.

What are yo looking for as far as food type?




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar