American appetizers or desserts??




Tanya


Hello everyone!! I need your thinking caps!!
We are having diversity day at my job and I have to bring in a food that represents my nationality.
Well...I have a little bit of this and a liite bit of that...I am Irish, Indian, French & Dutch....How in the world I could find a dish with all of that is beyond me!..LOL...So I figured...Heck! I am American!! I will make an american dish! I ever thought of making apple pie...but my tops of the pies never come out so good..so i nixed that idea....Then I drew a blank...
So here I am....Give me some ideas! Pretty pleaseeeeee!!..LOL
Thanks in advance :)
QUICK NOTE...I HAVE TO BRING THIS TO WORK...SO SOMETHING LIKE ICE CREAM ISNT GOING TO WORK.



Answer
Good for you - stick with the American theme. I like the apple pie idea. Here is an easy way to make a fail-proof crust.
In a glass 1 cup measuring cup, pour 3/4C vegetable oil. Fill it up to the 1C mark with water. Stir with a fork until
completely emulsified (cloudy).
Pour it into a bowl with 2 cups all purpose flour mixed with 1 teaspoon salt.
Stir it until it comes together in a ball. (for a meat pie try adding grated cheese and a pinch of herbs)
Roll between two sheets of waxed paper.

It will cook just like regular pastry dough. It is quite flaky and is much healthier than those made with solid shortening. It keeps well and will not get soggy from the filling like solid shortening crust.
This much dough will make one bottom crust for a large or deep dish pie. (usually enough for a small 2 crust pie)

If your top crust is iffy, why not try a crumble top. Just cut butter into equal parts of flour and sugar and pat over the top of the apples. To this you can add oats, cinnamon, raisins, chopped nuts, or what ever you can think of.

Who is Drew Van Acker?

Q.


Answer
Drew Van Acker is American actor and model. He currently stars as Ian Archer in the Cartoon Network live-action series Tower Prep.

Van Acker was born in the United States. He moved around very much as a child before settling in Medford, New Jersey at the age of 10.[1] He began acting in his high school drama classes in addition he also played in his school's soccer and lacrosse teams, which landed him a soccer scholarship to Towson University in Maryland.[1] While attending Towson, Van Acker took a number of theater courses so he could re-focus on acting. He then made the decision to move to New York City, then finally relocating to Los Angeles.[1]

Van Acker's acting credits include Castle and ABC Family's Greek as well co-starring in the WB.com webisode series The Lake.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar