Puck
I couldn't get the one I had to adjust to my apartment! He was miserable(I could tell)! He cried a lot, and I felt so bad for him, I gave him away to a friend that has a yard. My question is: Can Bassett Hounds possibly be apartment dogs? I mean, can they adjust to living mostly indoors? I love the breed because they are so comical and affectionate, and I 'd like to try again with a new Bassett Hound puppy, but I don't want to relive my last experience. Any thoughts?
Answer
You can get a bassett to adjust to an apartment... BUT...you are going to have to devote a lot of time and effort to the dog. First off you are going to have to walk him at least three times a day so he is not short of exercise. Make sure he has company during the day; if another dog or cat (Bassetts often like cats) is not an option) leave the television or radio on and provide lots of toys. Make sure he is on a dogfood that is for less active dogs. If you can afford it, have someone come by and visit him during the day, for affection and another walk. Professional Dog Walking Services are available almost everywhere - check your local Yellow Pages under Pets: Services.
A bassett is not a small dog - they need to get out! Talk to a bassett breeder (check the Kennel Club - AKC in the US, CKC in Canada) about the needs of bassetts. IF you cannot devote all this time then this is not the right time for you to get one of these lovely dogs. I know it must have been hard to give him away but good for you for doing the right thing!
You can get a bassett to adjust to an apartment... BUT...you are going to have to devote a lot of time and effort to the dog. First off you are going to have to walk him at least three times a day so he is not short of exercise. Make sure he has company during the day; if another dog or cat (Bassetts often like cats) is not an option) leave the television or radio on and provide lots of toys. Make sure he is on a dogfood that is for less active dogs. If you can afford it, have someone come by and visit him during the day, for affection and another walk. Professional Dog Walking Services are available almost everywhere - check your local Yellow Pages under Pets: Services.
A bassett is not a small dog - they need to get out! Talk to a bassett breeder (check the Kennel Club - AKC in the US, CKC in Canada) about the needs of bassetts. IF you cannot devote all this time then this is not the right time for you to get one of these lovely dogs. I know it must have been hard to give him away but good for you for doing the right thing!
How well does bassett furniture hold up?
rwh6461
I am considering buying a sofa from Bassett Furniture but I can't find any reviews on the quality of their furniture. Does anyone have a Bassett sofa and could tell me how their furniture is holding up?
Answer
Bassett is a good name for quality furniture but like everything made today you need to inspect it dilegently. Make sure the back and sides don't have much give when you push on them. Ask what wood the frame is made of, obviously a hard wood should hold up better than pine. But, realistically, the average life expectancy of a sofa is about five years unless of course it is rarely used. Older sofa's were made stronger and hold uplonger if you have one that can be refinished, it is well worth the investment.
Bassett is a good name for quality furniture but like everything made today you need to inspect it dilegently. Make sure the back and sides don't have much give when you push on them. Ask what wood the frame is made of, obviously a hard wood should hold up better than pine. But, realistically, the average life expectancy of a sofa is about five years unless of course it is rarely used. Older sofa's were made stronger and hold uplonger if you have one that can be refinished, it is well worth the investment.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar