About how much would it cost to rent a simple 7 piece dining set from a Rent A Center or somplace similar?




Amanda D


So my husband is unexpectedly coming home on leave much sooner than I anticipated. He will be home in about 2 weeks. I would like to have a coming home party for him in my apartment but my dining set is just really terrible. Mismatched and the chairs are just not very sturdy. Normally I would just go out and buy one. I DO NOT have flashy or expensive taste so it would be no big deal finding what I want, but he will be home very soon and I havent had the time to save up the money for a set. With him coming home on such short notice, our entire Feb pay will be going to us vacationing while hes home. So I can really only afford to spend like 200 right now. So I was thinking maybe it would be a good idea to do one of those renting things and I could pay to rent it for the month of Feb and the pay it off in March. Im really only looking to spend less than 800 but I cant afford to spend that much now without leaving us with no money while hes home. I could just use some general info. Thanks!
Couple things: (this is why I hate yahoo answers)

1: People dont listen....I said I am unable to buy it outright at this time. Im not an idiot. Im aware it will cost more this way but right now I dont have much choice. Please use some sense and read my situation thouroughly before giving me a dumb answer.

2: I dont want your opinions, I want an answer. Please just tell me if youve dealt with this before, how much it cost, and what you had to do to rent it.

Thank you.



Answer
I don't know much about renting furniture, but you can find good deals on craigslist.org. Just click on your state on the right hand column, then click the area nearest to you, click on the "for sale" tab, and there is a "free" section and also "furniture" and "household" sections.

Good Luck!

Turkish dining etiquette help?




Kitty


I'm doing a project about Turkish cuisine. I need help with the way they eat. Do they sit on the ground? What decoration would they have? Thanks for helping me out, I appreciate it! (add any other information that you think would be helpful!!!) :)


Answer
well in anatolian villages you may still find villagers sitting and dining on the ground (yer sofrası) but for the regular life in the city that's not the case. It's the regular table and dining order.
I don't know about any special arrangements, decorations regarding the dining table. it shouldn't be much different from how it's set in Europe.
http://img1.blogcu.com/images/y/e/r/yermisinyemezmisin/sofra.jpg
http://www.defneyapragi.com/Dosyalar/Resim/sofra_7-2.jpg
http://img.blogcu.com/uploads/lavantatarlasi_masa_duzeni.JPG

If invited into a Turkish personâs home (that you're not so close), the proper etiquette is to bring a gift with you to show your gratitude. Small decorative pieces, sweets and pastries are the most common gifts, and you should remember to include children when offering gifts. Families are integral to Turkish society, so including the children will be seen as a very thoughtful and kind gesture. Alcohol may be given as a gift, but remember that not all Turkish people actually drink it (conservative ones don't). Meals are a social affair. Conversations are animate and loud. Honored guest is served first. It is good etiquette to insist the most senior is served first instead of you. Asking for more food is a compliment. Everything should be eaten on your plate when you are served at a hostâs home, it could cause offense otherwise. Your fork and knife should be lined up together on your plate to show that you are finished eating, and don't eat with your left hand. Smoking is common during meals. Also remember that shoes are taken off at the entrance in homes during all times (some exceptions naturally exist).
If invited and taken to a restaurant, Turkish dining etiquette has rules that the one who extended the invitation must pay.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar