Help with small living dining space!?




shellsands


I have an area in my tiny apartment reserved for dining and living room, there is no room in the kitchen to eat in so I need space for sofa as well as a table and 2 chairs. One wall has wall to wall windows, the opposite wall to that is completely open to the hallway. The area measures 12 by 14 (12 feet on the windows side). Any ideas for arrangement of furniture?


Answer
I had a smaller space than that a few years ago, living in a studio apartment above a 2 car garage. There was not an actual "dining" area in the place. I solved my problem by adding a table that folded down against the wall. It was out of the way when it wasn't in use, and could be set up in a matter of seconds for dining.

All you need to make it work as a dining area is enough free space to fold it out.

All I did was screw a 2x4 against the wall with a plywood tabletop attached to it on a piano hinge. Underneath thay was a leg that folded from flush to the wall under the the 2X4 brace out to a 45 degree angle underneath the tabletop. It seated 3 people comfortably, which was about all the people you could comfortably fit into the apartment...

I painted the tabletop the same color as the wall so it was less noticable when it was down, and simply put all my shakers and other dinner "gear" on a small tray in the kitchenette that could be easily carried to the table. I kept one chair in front of the folded down table, and the other two in the "living area" about 7 feet away.

When I moved out, I only had 6 screw holes to fill in, so I didn't have any problems with the landlord over it.

-SD-

What fine dining restaurant in vegas is a must?




Mad Mac


There are so many choices out there that look so wonderful it is hard to narrow it down.Suggestions?


Answer
Fleur de Lys at Mandalay Bay is a must! This is not your typical French restaurant!

"Renowned Chef Hubert Keller brings his finesses for contemporary French Cuisine from San Francisco to Mandalay Bay. The Fleur de Lys dining experience allows you to choose the options that suit you best: three, four, and five-course dinners are available as well as à la carte options. A 12,000-bottle wine loft with a private cellar masterâs table overlooks the main dining room, which features 30-foot walls of cultured stone rising from the restaurant floor to the embossed wood ceilings. Cabanas along the perimeter of the restaurant offer an ideal setting for secluded dining. And dominating the wall of the main dining area is a live floral sculpture of more than 3,000 fresh-cut roses formed to shape a giant leaf. Not your typical French restaurant, Fleur de Lys also features an intimate lounge offering a sexy, soulful atmosphere with a D.J. spinning nightly."

Location: Mandalay Bay Hotel and Casino
3950 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89119
Phone: (702)632-9400




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar