No Dining Area in Apartment?




Ern


There is no dining area in our new apartment.. the kitchen is big enough to only be a kitchen, but not accommodate a table and the living room is very small as well.. what might we do in this situation? It's me, my husband, 2 toddlers and 1 baby.


Answer
Hi Em, Small space living can be a challenge, but here are a couple of ideas that come to mind. If you need to purchase the table and chairs perhaps a Gate Leg Table might work. Most likely would be found in a used furniture second hand store. The both sides of the table fold down you are left with an approx leaf size in the mid section about 12 inches. Also, a Trestle table might work. This is a rectangular shape. If at all possible and your living room space is square you could face the couch into the Living room. If you have enough space,place the table on the back of the couch. Similiar to the long narrown tables on the back side of a couch. Set table nearest the kitchen for less walking for you. Place 1 chairs at either end and 2 chairs on the long side. ( I hope your getting a visual idea :o) Some people may choose to use an ottoman. I would not see how this would be a practical solution for you being as you have young children. Eventually you will need a table. Good Luck and I hope that you come up with a solution!

Best and most practical high chair?




curious


What is the best high chair in your opinion? I especially wonder about the cover. Vinyl or fabric or just wooden chair. Also, when your baby started using the chair: before being able to seat on his own or after?


Answer
There are high chairs that recline, so you can start using them before your baby is able to sit on their own. Which one works best for you depends... do you have spare chairs? Would you like to be able to move it around easily? There are high chairs that are independent... we started out with that kind and it was able to recline and we used it for my 1st daughter before she could sit up. It had wheels so I could pretty much place it where ever I wanted (dining room, kitchen, etc). However, the drawback is that it was pretty big. There are also high chairs that you can strap on to chairs. These come with a range of options - some recline, some have trays, some fold up and can be easily used when out, some are very simply just boosters.

My recommendation would be to get one of the ones that you can strap on to a chair, especially if you have spare chairs at the table at mealtimes. I'd get one that reclines, that has a tray, and that can be used a booster seat later on. These are especially useful because later on when your child no longer needs it, they are small enough to easily place in storage and you can easily strap it on to a chair when guests with babies come to visit.

I would get something like this: http://www.target.com/Fisher-Price-Space-Saver-Chair/dp/B002Q4T392/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&searchView=grid5&keywords=high%20chair&fromGsearch=true&sr=1-1&qid=1283133470&rh=&searchRank=target104545&id=Fisher%20Price%20Space%20Saver%20Chair&node=1038576|1287991011&searchSize=30&searchPage=1&searchNodeID=1038576|1287991011&searchBinNameList=subjectbin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_primary_color-bin%2Ctarget_com_size-bin%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&frombrowse=0

And I would also recommend a vinyl cover to be able to easily wipe it down, although we had cloth and I could throw it in the washer, but it was a pain to get it off and on the chair. Good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar