Is a Ronco knife set really as good as they say they are?




anna_sfa


I was wanting to buy my husband a Ronco 25 piece knife set w/ block for christmas, but I was wanting to know if they are really as good as they say on T.V.


Answer
They're cheap garbage!

Knives should be a lifetime investment and good ones are worth their weight in gold. German are the best and my favorite brand is Wusthof Trident. You can purchase on-line or at finer department or gourmet kitchen shops. See them here...

http://wusthof.knives-and-cutlery.com/wusthof_classic/wusthof_classic.html

My recommendations for general cooking include a paring knife, serrated tomato knife (for many purposes), all purpose sandwich knife (general use), 5" santoku, 8" chefs knife, 10 or 12" slicer knife and the "steel" to hone. You might also want to add a serrated bread knife. If they do any special food preparation you can add whatever pieces would be appropriate. You'll be amazed at the choices.

I also recommend a wall magnet for storage as opposed to the block. They are more accessible and don't take up counter space.

Where can I find really inexpensive dollhouse kitchen sets?




Natalie


I collect Re-ment miniatures, which are highly detailed miniature plastic foods in a 1:12 scale. I put them on my dresser but they don't look very nice sitting there all alone.

I want a set with things like several cabinets, a sink, and an oven. Most of my minis are of food in the middle of being prepared, so I need surfaces like cabinets and tables to put them on.

I suck at online shopping and I'm totally overwhelmed with all the doll furniture out there. I found a few sets but they were crazy expensive. They could be from different sets but they need to match the scale of my Re-ments, and they should vaguely match each other too.

Be as specific or vague as you want, any help is appreciated. I would love for someone to give me a link to a nice cheap kitchen set, or a website which has them. Thank you so much!



Answer
Well, you get what you pay for.
This one doesn't describe the scale, but I have bought other things from them before:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Greenleaf-Dollhouse-Furniture-Kitchen-Set-CCZ7205-/360609670779?_trksid=p3284.m263&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BFICS%252BUFI%26otn%3D21%26pmod%3D370682023079%26ps%3D54
Another:
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_SPM1646200501P?ci_src=184425893&ci_sku=SPM1646200501&sid=IDx20130125xMPALLx028
http://www.overstock.com/Sports-Toys/Melissa-Doug-Kitchen-Furniture-Play-Set/6217770/product.html?cid=202290&kid=9553000357392&track=pspla&ef_id=ZtNPUXfIQG4AAMJP:20130318000536:s
http://www.ebay.com/itm/350695451503?hlp=false
http://compare.ebay.com/like/380410511985?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&_lwgsi=y&cbt=y&bigimg=y
http://www.oakridgehobbies.com/default/rb-foltz-1-inch-scale-doll-house-furniture-modern-kitchen-set-5-in-white.html
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dollhouse-Miniature-1-12-Oak-Kitchen-Set-8-pcs-Cabinet-Table-Chair-Fridge-/180803492682?_trksid=p3284.m263&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BFICS%252BUFI%26otn%3D21%26pmod%3D190753591360%26ps%3D54
http://comfortfirst.com/p-142531-teamson-childrens-5-piece-doll-house-kitchen-set.aspx




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar