ATP743
I am looking for a dining set with a table and 4 chairs. I would really like to find something online at wholesale or clearance, but everywhere I look they charge more for shipping and handling than the actual set. Help...I also don't mind buying used if they are in good shape. Thanks for your suggestions.
Answer
Don't overlook your local furniture stores, ask about the display model. Some are scratched & dent sales, but most are just fine. I will ask for a display model or a scratch and dent before I will ever pay full price.
Also, some of their customers just bought a new dining set, see if they want to get rid of the old set. Ask a good salesperson, many stores have a delivery system with free pick-up of the old and they might sell it to you very cheap.
Just to throw this in, I have a friend that works at the land fill, you would be surprised at what people throw away. I have a 46" flat screen TV that they didn't know how to adjust, I adjusted it and it works better than new. Also was dropping off stuff and a gentleman was dropping off a swede leather couch and love seat, brand new, still had tags on them, but the wife found a snake skin in the storage unit where they were and wanted to throw them out.
I am proud, but I am a cheap proud person.
Don't overlook your local furniture stores, ask about the display model. Some are scratched & dent sales, but most are just fine. I will ask for a display model or a scratch and dent before I will ever pay full price.
Also, some of their customers just bought a new dining set, see if they want to get rid of the old set. Ask a good salesperson, many stores have a delivery system with free pick-up of the old and they might sell it to you very cheap.
Just to throw this in, I have a friend that works at the land fill, you would be surprised at what people throw away. I have a 46" flat screen TV that they didn't know how to adjust, I adjusted it and it works better than new. Also was dropping off stuff and a gentleman was dropping off a swede leather couch and love seat, brand new, still had tags on them, but the wife found a snake skin in the storage unit where they were and wanted to throw them out.
I am proud, but I am a cheap proud person.
Dining table and chairs??
sivatmin
Does anyone know where I could find a nice dining table and chair set? I live in an apartment and I've decided to go ahead and utilize my dining area for the RIGHT purpose. It's just empty and I really would like a dining table/chair set. Thanks for your help.
Answer
Since I don't know your style or taste or how much money you want to spend, it's hard to answer your question but I'll try. I know from experience that a very formal dining table is not practical for me; I also don't like the glass topped ones. I've had several types and like casual wood the best. It sounds like you may need something that isn't too big either, but if you have the option of adding a leaf, it's good to have one. Here are some that I like and hope you do too:
http://www.furniturexo.com/Nikka-Dining-Room-Set-Klaussner-Furniture-735-054-900-905-SET-p-24199.html?cPath=144
http://www.morediningtables.com/NoBot/American-Drew-Camden-Black-Round-Dining-Set-919-701RPKG.htm
http://shop.visiondecor.com/5pc-levita-contemporary-dining-table-4-chairs-set-new-he628-5.html
http://www.morediningtables.com/NoBot/Home-Styles-Black-Cherry-Round-Dining-Set-5176-30-SET.htm
As you can tell, I like simple furniture. You can always dress up the table with a runner or a centerpiece.
Since I don't know your style or taste or how much money you want to spend, it's hard to answer your question but I'll try. I know from experience that a very formal dining table is not practical for me; I also don't like the glass topped ones. I've had several types and like casual wood the best. It sounds like you may need something that isn't too big either, but if you have the option of adding a leaf, it's good to have one. Here are some that I like and hope you do too:
http://www.furniturexo.com/Nikka-Dining-Room-Set-Klaussner-Furniture-735-054-900-905-SET-p-24199.html?cPath=144
http://www.morediningtables.com/NoBot/American-Drew-Camden-Black-Round-Dining-Set-919-701RPKG.htm
http://shop.visiondecor.com/5pc-levita-contemporary-dining-table-4-chairs-set-new-he628-5.html
http://www.morediningtables.com/NoBot/Home-Styles-Black-Cherry-Round-Dining-Set-5176-30-SET.htm
As you can tell, I like simple furniture. You can always dress up the table with a runner or a centerpiece.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar