Travelling by train from Singapore to Bangkok n also Singapore to Indonesia by ferry?




Linda D


Could someone tell me a little about their experience... firstly after arriving Aus to KL we are training down to Singapore and then over to Indonesia, would like to know about ferries to Indonesia for a few days break then back to Spore for the train heading north to Bangkok, dont mind ruffing it, as long as air conditioning on the train, is it better to book a sleeper for the various overnight sections? And in Australian dollars, does anyone know the ticket costs. Thanks...


Answer
I have done the train ride from Bangkok to Singapore through Butterworth and KL. The trains can be a little chilly so have a long sleeve shirt or lightweight jacket.

On the Malaysia route the dining car had chicken and rice plus coffee and cocoa and soft drinks at reasonable prices. On the Thailand portion they handed out a blanket to passengers even in the cheap seat section. Also on the Thai portion they had a light meal and coffee and Thai pastry during the trip.

If you have a chance to get a sleeper I would do it. When I was on on the Malaysia portion I did use first class seating which consisted of a larger reclining chair, for the Thai portion the sleepers were all taken and I used regular 2nd class seating. I liked the train ride but it was long. Took a night off in Butterworth and stayed in a hotel and resumed the ride early next morning. Bring some snacks and a couple books to read.

Good luck.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar