XYZ
I have an oak wood tiger claw dining table. I just sanded it and put some mission oak color stain paint (more on the dark side) and it now looks gorgeous. I need to buy chairs that would go with my table. I checked out American Furniture Warehouse but could not find any. Can you let me know what type of chairs would go and where can I buy them from. I don't want something very expensive as am looking for 6 chairs.
Answer
The specific chair that would be proper to your table is called a "pressback" chair. Google it, I am sure you can find plenty of finished and unfinished reproductions. Since you are having to replace all the chairs for the table, you might consider purchasing what you like best....
The specific chair that would be proper to your table is called a "pressback" chair. Google it, I am sure you can find plenty of finished and unfinished reproductions. Since you are having to replace all the chairs for the table, you might consider purchasing what you like best....
What can I use to remove a black, unknown stain from unfinished wood?
kkhh21
I recently bought a dining set of unfinished, softish wood- it might be pine, I'm not completely sure. One chair has a faded black stain on the seat. I'm not sure what made the stain, but is there any way to try to lighten the stain without damaging the wood? My Mom suggested bleach, but I'm worried it'll harm the wood. I'd eventually like to stain the chairs, but I don't want to seal in the stain.
This website is a godsend! I will try Dawn, then sanding, then the bleach. Thank you!
Answer
Repaired lots of old furniture and household trim.
Black stains can be removed by spraying the stain with un diluted Bleach. Let Dry. Sand smooth, then re stain the wood to match the surrounding area.
If it is soft wood like pine or hemlock, anything liquid will raise the grain, just sand it smooth again.
Repaired lots of old furniture and household trim.
Black stains can be removed by spraying the stain with un diluted Bleach. Let Dry. Sand smooth, then re stain the wood to match the surrounding area.
If it is soft wood like pine or hemlock, anything liquid will raise the grain, just sand it smooth again.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar