Quick... should i have left my boyfriend?




BarBqqueen


My two year old n I spend the weekends at my boyfriends. It is a 1970 trailer... bf refers to as a dump.

Anyhow, we are preparing dinner. Bf is mad because we spent hours shopping/looking for a movie for him for hours. My toddler is beside me on a chair in kitchen and looking at corn and a candle that always sits in table center. This is never lit. Bf hollered then grabs my toddler by both arms and yells toddler should not be on table. Child's hands were on table looking ... Bf tells me this is when I need to best child's a--. I tell bf his one cat.(he has 4) was on table and I didn't grab them and certainly didn't beat em or tell him too. He said all I ever do is hand child a candy car when they do something bad and I should have grabbed child and that is bad parenting. Bf has no children of own. Bf then slams fist into top of oven and says what happens when child touches hot stove... where they shouldn't be i got stuff n child n left.
Bf hollered as leaving don't bother call or cone back... I will have some one else here tonight.
I did have to cone back. Bf was washing his 30k sports car. Said nothing.

Did I do the right thing? Bf scared me and my child.
My toddlers *real* father abandoned child and I when I got cancer...
I do my best. Thank u.
Bf says as leaving the table under cloth is glass ..n worried for child safety.



Answer
You are crazy

1- for being in a trailer
2- single moms have few options/takers
3- He was protecting your kid, be thankful

Can anyone tell me more about Hannah Hauxwell?




Sir Nathan


I just know she lived in the Yorkshire Dales alone and ran a farm, and with no water or electricity. I never seen the tv documentary because it was long before my time.
I think it was in the 1970s/80s.



Answer
'My heart and soul are still up in the Dales'
Hannah Hauxwell

Published Date:
03 March 2007
By Paul Jeeves
EXCLUSIVE: Hannah Hauxwell at 80 talks of her life in village and admits a return visit to isolated farm would be too painful
Her simple life running an isolated Dales farm on her own provided a glimpse into a world that many thought had long past.

With no electricity or gas and the only source of water from a stream, Hannah Hauxwell was the country woman in gumboots and a Harris tweed jacket who found a special place in the hearts of millions.

Almost 35 years since a television documentary gave the world an insight into her life in the Pennines, Hannah Hauxwell has made her home in a village less than five miles away from Low Birk Hat farm.

But for the last 18 years since she moved out of the farmhouse on the edge of the Blackton reservoir in Teesdale her time there remains nothing more than a memory.

Sitting on a rickety chair in the kitchen of her modest semi-detached cottage where she now lives in Cotherstone, Miss Hauxwell admits a return to Low Birk Hat farm would prove too painful.

She said: "I do not ask about it; I do not want to know. It is understandable that some people would want to know what has happened up there and might not be able to keep away.

"They say never is a long time, but I have no plans on going back. The memories and ties are strong, too strong."

As she approaches her 81st birthday, which will fall on Yorkshire Day on August 1, Miss Hauxwell remains unfazed by the fame that came with the documentary, Too Long a Winter, after it was first screened in 1973.

The Yorkshire Television series proved such an inspiration that fans have travelled from as far afield as Australia and New Zealand to meet Miss Hauxwell over the intervening years.

However, she first came to prominence following a Yorkshire Post article on April 6, 1970, which detailed her humble existence under the headline, "How to be happy on £170 a year".

Miss Hauxwell took over the running of the farm at 35 after her parents and then her uncle passed away.

For almost 30 years she worked the farm, which sits 1,000ft above sea level, with a small herd of cattle, enduring harsh winters and relying on the promise of the stunning views across Teesdale to see her through until spring.

She said: "I existed during winter and truly lived during the summer. People always think that I was happy there, but it was not always the best of times. I was not always the happiest person in the world.

"I muddled on and I didn't rely too much on possess-ions; I cut my cloth accord-ing to my needs. But I think I showed a different slant on life, and that's what captured people's imaginations. These days there seems to be such a reliance on material things; it's all about keeping up with Joneses. I do not blame or begrudge people if they want nice things, but these things are not always what they really want."

A fall six years ago when she tripped on flagstones left her with a broken hip, but she continues to live on her own and is able to walk with the aid of two sticks when she ventures outside.

A radio, which was one of her few luxuries up at Low Birk Hat, remains a constant in Miss Hauxwell's life, although she now favours Classic FM instead of the BBC's revamped Radio 2.

She passes her days sewing, listening to the radio and playing the organ, although she admits having to halt her love of reading to preserve her eyesight for embroidery work.

She has a group of close friends, many of whom came to meet her after the docum-entary was screened, and is planning her annual trip to Sedbergh in Cumbria to see the Appleby horse fair.

Miss Hauxwell, who has never married, admits her time in Cotherstone â in County Durham since Yorkshire's boundaries were redrawn in 1974 â has given her a new lease of life. She was only too aware that she could not run Low Birk Hat forever, but she cannot disguise her love of the place almost 20 years after leaving.

She said: "There are advantages now; I have got some good neighbours and the shops are nearer. This is my home and where my body and possessions are, but my heart and soul will always be up on the Dales.

"I have often said I was, still am and always will be a plain country woman, and proud to be a plain country woman."




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar