Sue Sch
I have 40 year old dining room chairs that were finished in a antique greenish white (UGLY). I want to restain them in a natural looking wood finish. Do I need to strip the old finish? Do I need to apply a base? HELP!!!!! Thanks much.
Answer
There are "strippers" that will eat the old paint & finishes off. But I can't speak from experience on how to do it...
You may find the answers here:
www.diynetwork.com (Do It Yourself Network)
or here:
www.about.com
You might, too, find the information online at:
www.homedepot.com
www.lowes.com
Too, these places (Home Depot and Lowe's) have books and magazines, plus employees that always seem knowledgeable. (Many other mags on the market, too.)
That's a direction - if no one in Answers can help...
:)
There are "strippers" that will eat the old paint & finishes off. But I can't speak from experience on how to do it...
You may find the answers here:
www.diynetwork.com (Do It Yourself Network)
or here:
www.about.com
You might, too, find the information online at:
www.homedepot.com
www.lowes.com
Too, these places (Home Depot and Lowe's) have books and magazines, plus employees that always seem knowledgeable. (Many other mags on the market, too.)
That's a direction - if no one in Answers can help...
:)
Need help redoing my dining room chairs.?
amyedobrin
Ok I want to put new fabric on my dining room chairs. I have a rod iron beige table the top is glass and the cushions are a cream color which just doesn't work for me I have chidren. My daughter has ruin all of the cushions with food. I want a new fabric. The first question is what color can I use? I don't know if I should match it to my living room but my living room in a light brown color. The pics in my living room have black frames and are pic of resturants. I am just needing to know what color would be the best. Where I can find fabric and what basically i need to do I have never done this but needs done so bad. I also plan this time to buy a heavy duty plastic and put them over the chairs to keep them nice. If you can help please response
Answer
Hi
I am a designer and just stumbled upon your question while looking for a tutorial to email to a client. This is a great question! First I would say chose a fabric that has a fairly busy or big pattern this will help with hide some stains. Are there other colors in these rooms or just the cream/brown/black? Is the DR open to the kitchen and living room? Just asking as you might be able to introduce an accent color into the chair fabrics. There might not be a need to put plastic over the chairs. There are many stain guarded fabrics which will help. Also nowadays there are really beautiful outdoor fabrics named "Sunbrella" fabrics. They are primarily used outdoors but can easily be used inside on chairs to help with the little ones and the stains! I am not sure where you are located but as for online resources a great place to start is Ballard Designs or www online fabric store.net
Hope this helps!
Hi
I am a designer and just stumbled upon your question while looking for a tutorial to email to a client. This is a great question! First I would say chose a fabric that has a fairly busy or big pattern this will help with hide some stains. Are there other colors in these rooms or just the cream/brown/black? Is the DR open to the kitchen and living room? Just asking as you might be able to introduce an accent color into the chair fabrics. There might not be a need to put plastic over the chairs. There are many stain guarded fabrics which will help. Also nowadays there are really beautiful outdoor fabrics named "Sunbrella" fabrics. They are primarily used outdoors but can easily be used inside on chairs to help with the little ones and the stains! I am not sure where you are located but as for online resources a great place to start is Ballard Designs or www online fabric store.net
Hope this helps!
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar