Victoria
I am selling a Dining Room Suite that my parents purchased about 20 years ago from the previous home owner of their house. It appears to either be Duncan Phyfe, or more likely, a reproduction. There is a table with a leaf, 6 chairs, a buffet, and a china hutch. It is in really great condition.
I'm not sure if craigslist is the way to go and I'm not sure on a price. Can anyone help me out?
Answer
Do a search under "furniture for sale" and "dining room" on your local Craigslist and see what other people are listing similar sets for. Used furniture sells best on there if you are reasonable with pricing. Large sets like that tend to be hard to sell since fewer people bother with giant dining sets any more. You might have better luck offering items separately. I usually find I have to post things at about one fourth the original price if they are in excellent condition. So if the set cost $2,000 you would be lucky to get $500 for it. Be sure and specify that you want cash only and that they have to come and pick it up themselves, NO delivery services or checks. You will doubtless get the scam responses that claim they are "out of the country on business" and that want their "agent" or "shipper" to pick it up. Don't bother answering those emails. In fact, best to put in a local phone number and only deal with people who call you and who actually show up to look at the items.
if the set is REALLY nice you might want to see if there is a quality used furnishings shop in your town that will take it on consignment and keep a percentage of the selling price. Selling on Craigslist is kind of a pain (people don't show up or they try to beat you down on prices.) I sold a pretty valuable Mid century modern walnut Danish Modern dining room set from a family estate on there. Collector value was over $2500 but to get rid of it locally I had to drop the price to $300 for the buffet and $300 for the table and chairs. It depends on where you live too -- if I had been in Chicago or NYC I could have gotten $2000 for that set but it that style was not popular in the city I live in now.
Do a search under "furniture for sale" and "dining room" on your local Craigslist and see what other people are listing similar sets for. Used furniture sells best on there if you are reasonable with pricing. Large sets like that tend to be hard to sell since fewer people bother with giant dining sets any more. You might have better luck offering items separately. I usually find I have to post things at about one fourth the original price if they are in excellent condition. So if the set cost $2,000 you would be lucky to get $500 for it. Be sure and specify that you want cash only and that they have to come and pick it up themselves, NO delivery services or checks. You will doubtless get the scam responses that claim they are "out of the country on business" and that want their "agent" or "shipper" to pick it up. Don't bother answering those emails. In fact, best to put in a local phone number and only deal with people who call you and who actually show up to look at the items.
if the set is REALLY nice you might want to see if there is a quality used furnishings shop in your town that will take it on consignment and keep a percentage of the selling price. Selling on Craigslist is kind of a pain (people don't show up or they try to beat you down on prices.) I sold a pretty valuable Mid century modern walnut Danish Modern dining room set from a family estate on there. Collector value was over $2500 but to get rid of it locally I had to drop the price to $300 for the buffet and $300 for the table and chairs. It depends on where you live too -- if I had been in Chicago or NYC I could have gotten $2000 for that set but it that style was not popular in the city I live in now.
recovering dining room chairs with new fabric. Should I add clear vinyl? Need extremely family friendly.?
El C
I have 2 small children and kitchen chairs with fabric. They are such a mess now and so hard to keep clean. I would love another beautiful fabric, but I really don't want to have to worry about them at all. Think vinyl on top of the fabric could be kind of retro. I live in NYC so out there is a good thing!
Answer
vinyl on top will not look good or fit right. Why not buy a leather looking vinyl type material.
vinyl on top will not look good or fit right. Why not buy a leather looking vinyl type material.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar