If my ceilings are 8 ft tall, how high can I put a chair rail in my dining room without it looking silly?




Julie


It won't actually be used to protect the wall from chairs, but I am trying to do beadboard on the lower half and turn it into a two-toned room.


Answer
A chair rail at 4' will look very odd. In a room without counters, the standard height is 32". In a room with counters, the standard height is 36" to match the countertop. Hope this helps.

Need help with my dining room chairs?




Lydia 8500


I have some old dining room chairs with broken spindles on the back. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can replace the spindles or maybe remove all of the spindles and replace with something else? Please help!!!


Answer
You should be able to find something to replace them with at a home improvement store. Another idea would be to remove them, insert 3/8" plywood or mdf board. Cover with foam and cover that in batting using an adhesive then cover with heavy fabric, fitting snugly and stapling along the bottom edges.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar