Jamie B
I have a metal dining set that i am wanting to paint back. do i need to prime before? Is there special metal paint? please help!
Answer
There are spray paints for metal (it will say so on the can) such as Rustoleum. Since you are painting a dinette set, I'm guessing that the surfaces of the chair legs and things are very slick. That being the case you should do a light sanding on them before you paint. This will help the paint stick well. (This works better than actually priming because the primer isn't really going to stick to metal any better than the spray paint will.)
There are spray paints for metal (it will say so on the can) such as Rustoleum. Since you are painting a dinette set, I'm guessing that the surfaces of the chair legs and things are very slick. That being the case you should do a light sanding on them before you paint. This will help the paint stick well. (This works better than actually priming because the primer isn't really going to stick to metal any better than the spray paint will.)
I want my chairs to slide easier?
Stan W
I have heavy aluminium chairs around a table on my outdoor patio, see http://www.norths.co.za/cat6.php?catID=7
My patio floor comprises unglazed tile, and the chairs are hard to pull out to sit on and once seated, to slide toward the table. The ends of the legs are round +- 18mm (3/4 inches).
I have tried felt pads - no good - they wear away in days.
I have tried hard plastic caps - a little better - but still difficult to move.
What can I do to allow the chairs to slide easily.
Answer
Nylon chair glides would probably be your best bet. I just tiled our kitchen area and bought these for oak dining room chairs. I don't know if they have them for metal chairs. Check Home Depot or one of the other home improvement stores.
Nylon chair glides would probably be your best bet. I just tiled our kitchen area and bought these for oak dining room chairs. I don't know if they have them for metal chairs. Check Home Depot or one of the other home improvement stores.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar