rip little
I am getting married july 27th 2011!! We have about 33 ppl attending (2 young children my kids) and we are using 6x3 rectangle tables (can fit 6 ppl) and I am not sure how to set this up, please help!
this is the link to my location, there will only be 2 dances (father daughter and 1st dance) and I want the back room back off the kitchen unused, since it has a large table we are not allowed to use.
there is a diagram farther down the page.
http://www.metroparkstacoma.org/page.php?id=178
all the rooms are totally empty except the back room off the kitchen has a large table. I am going to ask about getting that moved out, but I doubt it will happen.
Answer
Oh my goodness, what a gorgeous location and that building is so nice with the veranda.
Gosh, I wish I knew the size of the rooms so I could make table arrangement suggestions. I can only guess on the actual size of the rooms based on the single door swings. It seems to me that all six tables will not fit into any one room and I wonder if these rooms are completely empty or if they are furnished. This place looks huge but if you spread out too much, it will not be an intimate affair if the guests are separated too much. But, there will have to be some separation due to the lay out of the building.
I think a good place for the first dances would be in the central room with the fire place and large double doors. This way people can be in both octagon rooms as you dance. But, that depends on where you set up the tables.
My first thought about table set up was to have all six tables set up in a "V" formation in the largest room with the fireplace with the mouth of the "V" facing the center room where your sweetheart table can be set up in the doorway. This way everyone can dine in the same room. But that may be too crowded. My second thought would be to have your sweetheart table set up in the center room in front of the fireplace. Then have three tables in each of the octagon rooms facing the center room in a "U" formation.
Otherwise you could use the small octagon room as free space for serving cocktails as it has veranda access and have access to that other back room for a buffet(?) easy access and have the tables set up in the two fireplace rooms.
If I were you, I would print out the floor plan and go there to measure each room. Graph it out to a 1/4" scale so one graph square is one foot. Then, I would cut out six 6' x 6' to scale pieces of paper and move them around the floor plan until you have something cohesive that works. The reason for the 6'x6' pieces instead of 3'x6' table size pieces of paper, is to allow space for the chairs on each side of the table.
On a personal note, I gather you lost your little brother due to the words under your avatar. My little brother just died on January 3rd from kidney cancer. Our family got an enormous amount of strength from his courageous battle, which has left us feeling stronger in spite of our dreadful loss. Light a candle in memory of your brother at the wedding ceremony or reception.
Oh my goodness, what a gorgeous location and that building is so nice with the veranda.
Gosh, I wish I knew the size of the rooms so I could make table arrangement suggestions. I can only guess on the actual size of the rooms based on the single door swings. It seems to me that all six tables will not fit into any one room and I wonder if these rooms are completely empty or if they are furnished. This place looks huge but if you spread out too much, it will not be an intimate affair if the guests are separated too much. But, there will have to be some separation due to the lay out of the building.
I think a good place for the first dances would be in the central room with the fire place and large double doors. This way people can be in both octagon rooms as you dance. But, that depends on where you set up the tables.
My first thought about table set up was to have all six tables set up in a "V" formation in the largest room with the fireplace with the mouth of the "V" facing the center room where your sweetheart table can be set up in the doorway. This way everyone can dine in the same room. But that may be too crowded. My second thought would be to have your sweetheart table set up in the center room in front of the fireplace. Then have three tables in each of the octagon rooms facing the center room in a "U" formation.
Otherwise you could use the small octagon room as free space for serving cocktails as it has veranda access and have access to that other back room for a buffet(?) easy access and have the tables set up in the two fireplace rooms.
If I were you, I would print out the floor plan and go there to measure each room. Graph it out to a 1/4" scale so one graph square is one foot. Then, I would cut out six 6' x 6' to scale pieces of paper and move them around the floor plan until you have something cohesive that works. The reason for the 6'x6' pieces instead of 3'x6' table size pieces of paper, is to allow space for the chairs on each side of the table.
On a personal note, I gather you lost your little brother due to the words under your avatar. My little brother just died on January 3rd from kidney cancer. Our family got an enormous amount of strength from his courageous battle, which has left us feeling stronger in spite of our dreadful loss. Light a candle in memory of your brother at the wedding ceremony or reception.
What types of ideas do you have for my new apartment?
Brandy
We cannot paint anything so although I would appreciate color advice, unfortunately I don't need it! ANY ideas would be helpful & keep in mind that I am a college student so my income is limited. My bedroom furniture is neutral & I may be getting a new bed probably a dark wood. I like these color schemes: chocolate brown & pale blue...and also black, white & turquoise and possible chocolate brown & turquoise. My living room furniture is a sand color couch and loveseat with dark wood table/shelf. I really don't have ideas for that room. My dining room opens off of my living room and I have a pub style glass table with stone insets in the middle with a matching pattern on the charis which have a light tan microsuede seat. Again any ideas for the walls or table centerpiece would be appreciated. My bathroom has a bright pink and bright orange shower curtain so all that I am looking for here is maybe some pictures that would tie in. Lastly my computer room: so far the furniture going in there is just a desk & chair with absolutely NO ideas on what to hang up or what type of theme/scheme! All suggestions will be appreciated and helpful! Thank you...I've drawn a blank lol
Answer
Bedroom
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10379207
http://www.target.com/dp/B001247DJ4/sr=1-3/qid=1247308446/ref=sr_fkmr_txt_1_3/190-0924720-5386949?ie=UTF8&search-alias=tgt-index&frombrowse=0&index=target&rh=k%3Asheet%20set%20bown%20and%20blue&page=1
http://www5.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?ItemID=1552a6a&ItemTyp=G&GrpTyp=STY&ShowMenu=T&ShopBy=0&SearchString=two+tone+curtains&RefPage=SearchDepartment.aspx&s4PageSize=15&CmCatId=searchresults&Search1Prod=True
http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_048B807612110001P?mv=rr#descriptionAnchor <they should display this without the white throw
Bedroom
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10379207
http://www.target.com/dp/B001247DJ4/sr=1-3/qid=1247308446/ref=sr_fkmr_txt_1_3/190-0924720-5386949?ie=UTF8&search-alias=tgt-index&frombrowse=0&index=target&rh=k%3Asheet%20set%20bown%20and%20blue&page=1
http://www5.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?ItemID=1552a6a&ItemTyp=G&GrpTyp=STY&ShowMenu=T&ShopBy=0&SearchString=two+tone+curtains&RefPage=SearchDepartment.aspx&s4PageSize=15&CmCatId=searchresults&Search1Prod=True
http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_048B807612110001P?mv=rr#descriptionAnchor <they should display this without the white throw
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar