Cathy
Hello, I have an antique English oval dining table with Queen Anne legs. I need to buy chairs for it. I would describe my desired style for the dining room as classic/vintage pieces with a modern feel. For instance, I would give the table a crisp look by putting it on a sisal rug with a red border. I want an eclectic look, not a really antique or formal look. I was thinking of buying some used Queen Anne dining chairs and modernizing them by using a fun fabric (maybe red and white stripe from Pottery Barn) on the seats. But will this still look like a really old-fashioned dining room set? I have heard that these days you should mix-and-match your table and chairs--do you agree? Any advice on getting that Pottery Barn-look would be appreciated!
Answer
today, you are invited to put anything together that suits you. You do not have to stick to one style, period, or origin. Personally, I prefer that the wood all be similar in hue.
I like Windsor back chairs. They are comfortable, timeless and look very light on the landscape of your room.
today, you are invited to put anything together that suits you. You do not have to stick to one style, period, or origin. Personally, I prefer that the wood all be similar in hue.
I like Windsor back chairs. They are comfortable, timeless and look very light on the landscape of your room.
Help with Dining Room Decor/Furniture! Pier 1 Calmont Table?
JMKS1020
Hi! I am trying to figure out what do with as far as a hutch or buffet goes with the Pier 1 Calmont Table. I love my table, I bought 4 upholstered straight back chairs for the sides, then I bought 2 accent chairs for the ends. It looks fantastic together, but I'm missing a piece for the wall.
Here is the link to the table: http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/c/0/0/72/2/AAAADIiBhzQAAAAAAHInmg.jpg?v=1253165550000
What do you think I should do? If you could show me pictures, that would help me lots. Thank you so much! :)
Answer
I agree with the Lady in Florida - another option if you have a Pottery Barn in your area is to check out what they have - they quite often have one off pieces that might do the trick.
If you are interested, you can sign up for a Pottery Barn gift card here:
http://goo.gl/4al9R
I agree with the Lady in Florida - another option if you have a Pottery Barn in your area is to check out what they have - they quite often have one off pieces that might do the trick.
If you are interested, you can sign up for a Pottery Barn gift card here:
http://goo.gl/4al9R
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar