Digirb
I'm recovering my upholstered dining room chairs' seats. The old seats were covered in a solid color. The new fabric I bought has a floral, tapestry type pattern with a definite top and bottom. Should the top of the pattern go at the back (where your back goes) or the front (where your legs go) of the seat? The backs are not upholstered. Thanks!!
Answer
I did upholstery when I was younger. The way you do it is top to bottom & back to front. I put would put pattern in the middle of the seat. Would look nicer on the seat I think.
I did upholstery when I was younger. The way you do it is top to bottom & back to front. I put would put pattern in the middle of the seat. Would look nicer on the seat I think.
Plastic wrap on seats of new dining chairs?
Jolo
I recently bought a new dining set, the table and chairs are all wood. Each chair's cloth seat portion itself is completely sealed with a thin, transparent plastic wrap. Am I supposed to rip that plastic wrap off? Is this like the pins in men's dress shirts, i.e. something to make the product present well but you then have to waste a bunch of time removing it before you can actually use it?
Thanks,
Bachelor with no clue.
Thanks for the prompt and helpful answers.
OK so I lied. I've had the chairs for 7 yrs now and still have the plastic on, and yes they're beginning to rip in spite of incredible gentle use. I'll go rip them off now. :)
Answer
Because it's a cloth seat, the plastic is to protect it from dirt and dust during shipping. You may leave them on but because they are so thin they will start ripping after sitting on them often. You can have them professionally covered by a furniture upholsterer, they would provide a heavier plastic which would last longer, keep the cloth clean and protected from food stains, spills, dirt and dust.
Because it's a cloth seat, the plastic is to protect it from dirt and dust during shipping. You may leave them on but because they are so thin they will start ripping after sitting on them often. You can have them professionally covered by a furniture upholsterer, they would provide a heavier plastic which would last longer, keep the cloth clean and protected from food stains, spills, dirt and dust.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar