Recommend a Stool for Elderly Person?




M.


My mom has problems standing for too long. I was very sad when I visited and saw her preparing dinner sitting on a chair at the sink. It nearly broke my heart. I want to get a stool of some kind, high enough to be comfortable working at the counter but not TOO high she has to then bend. Can anyone recommend a stool, or high chair, that would benefit someone with arthritis? Something comfortable and sturdy? I would like to get her those foam kitchen mats too but don't know what's good. Thank you! I appreciate any info.


Answer
Ikea has some bar stools with back rests, I had a couple and they're very comfortable. I have a foam mat in my kitchen too, ts just a cheap thick piece of rubber foam I got from Walmart. Its kind of ugly lol so I have a nice mat over it to hide it. It makes standing a lot easier though!

Looking for chairs or stools to fit a 33" height counter desk in kitchen (3" shorter than the kitchen counter)?




Susan


24" stools are too tall, and 18-19" chairs are too short, need something 20-22", and don't like most adjustable styles for our kitchen. Thanks!


Answer
I have looked and it looks like you'll have to cut the legs shorter on 24" stools.
Hey I found these:
http://www.touchofclass.com/product/l764-001.do?code=CMF01
http://www.greenteadesign.com/reproductions/seating/chairs/black-lacquer-bar-stools.html
http://www.woodworking-online.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18272
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=88344




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar