mark
I would like your opinion
I accidentally visited one (I thought I was going to a normal theater and didn't even know these places existed). I must say, it was cool. Huge lounge chairs that fully recline, waitress service, full bar and food menu. It was the most comfortable movie I ever saw
What do you think of them
Answer
Yeah, I've been going to those for years, and they are pretty awesome!
New Orleans has had two. The first one was called Movie Pitchers (http://worldfilm.about.com/library/weekly/aa101100a.htm), and they played all kinds of indie films. Plus, you could order po-boys that they would bring to your table. Then, the Landmark Theater at Canal Place downtown was just redone with the same concept, including an overpriced menu and reclining seats.
Plus, I've been to the Alamo Drafthouse in Austin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alamo_Drafthouse). I think there are at least two there. Same concept, even though I don't think the seats recline. :(
Yeah, I've been going to those for years, and they are pretty awesome!
New Orleans has had two. The first one was called Movie Pitchers (http://worldfilm.about.com/library/weekly/aa101100a.htm), and they played all kinds of indie films. Plus, you could order po-boys that they would bring to your table. Then, the Landmark Theater at Canal Place downtown was just redone with the same concept, including an overpriced menu and reclining seats.
Plus, I've been to the Alamo Drafthouse in Austin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alamo_Drafthouse). I think there are at least two there. Same concept, even though I don't think the seats recline. :(
What is the difference?
austin_mss
What is the difference between an Air Force Base and an Air Force Station? Any info would be great thanks!
Answer
Hello Austin,
Good question.
I was stationed on Air Force "Stations" for 16 of my 27 years of service.
An Air Force base has all the standard facilities that all bases have from work centers, to base housing, to commissary, Base Exchanges, Gas Station, Recreational Services, Base Library, Bowling Alley, Auto Hobby Shop, Hobby Shops, Gyms, Clubs, Post Office, Chapels, Child Care Centers, Golf Course, Tennis Nets, Softball Fields, Movie Theatre, Red Cross Office, Chaplain, Hospital, Dental Clinic, Rental Shops, Barber Shop, Beauty Shop, Dining Halls, many Barracks, Bank on base, Credit Union, Youth Center, Laundromat, Mini-BX (Quick Stops), etc. Did I leave any out? An Air Force Base is a mini-city unto itself. Self-sustaining.
An Air Force station has very few of these facilities. Aside from the work centers, you might have one enlisted barracks, one unaccompanied officer's barracks, a small BX the size of a gas station quick stop, a small commissary the size of a gas station quick stop. A dental chair for a traveling dentist that might come around 2x a year. A medic first aid station. A dining hall, a 2 lane bowling alley, a small room that's a library, a meeting room for events, a small snack bar smaller than the size of a gas station quick stop. An AF Station might have maybe 27 - 30 family housing units. Everybody else who is married has to live in the nearby community. And, that's about it.
An AF Station is supported by a host base often 100 or so miles away. An AF Station is placed where it is at because of the location and need for some military mission at that location.
Basically, when you are assigned to an AF Station you will have to learn to get along without the nice-y things that a full service base has to offer.
A lot depends, of course, on your military job and the mission. Any particular AF Station you have in mind?
Best wishes,
Larry Smith
Senior Master Sergeant, USAF (Ret.)
First Sergeant
Hello Austin,
Good question.
I was stationed on Air Force "Stations" for 16 of my 27 years of service.
An Air Force base has all the standard facilities that all bases have from work centers, to base housing, to commissary, Base Exchanges, Gas Station, Recreational Services, Base Library, Bowling Alley, Auto Hobby Shop, Hobby Shops, Gyms, Clubs, Post Office, Chapels, Child Care Centers, Golf Course, Tennis Nets, Softball Fields, Movie Theatre, Red Cross Office, Chaplain, Hospital, Dental Clinic, Rental Shops, Barber Shop, Beauty Shop, Dining Halls, many Barracks, Bank on base, Credit Union, Youth Center, Laundromat, Mini-BX (Quick Stops), etc. Did I leave any out? An Air Force Base is a mini-city unto itself. Self-sustaining.
An Air Force station has very few of these facilities. Aside from the work centers, you might have one enlisted barracks, one unaccompanied officer's barracks, a small BX the size of a gas station quick stop, a small commissary the size of a gas station quick stop. A dental chair for a traveling dentist that might come around 2x a year. A medic first aid station. A dining hall, a 2 lane bowling alley, a small room that's a library, a meeting room for events, a small snack bar smaller than the size of a gas station quick stop. An AF Station might have maybe 27 - 30 family housing units. Everybody else who is married has to live in the nearby community. And, that's about it.
An AF Station is supported by a host base often 100 or so miles away. An AF Station is placed where it is at because of the location and need for some military mission at that location.
Basically, when you are assigned to an AF Station you will have to learn to get along without the nice-y things that a full service base has to offer.
A lot depends, of course, on your military job and the mission. Any particular AF Station you have in mind?
Best wishes,
Larry Smith
Senior Master Sergeant, USAF (Ret.)
First Sergeant
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar