How to reupholster dining room chair?




.


I want to reupholster my dining room chairs. I haven't found a website that shows how to with the style of chair I have. Here is a link to a similar style http://www.amazon.com/Isabel-Oak-Arm-Chair-Casters/dp/B003V0OB9W. Does anyone have advice or a good website?
I have checked e how but they don't have my chair style.
I am pretty good with a sewing machine and if I need I have friend that can help. They don't have the piping so I don't have to worry about that. The thing I am a little worried about is being able to put it back together. They have plugs in the wood where the sides screw into the cushion and a frame inside that is why I was trying to find better instructions.



Answer
You should take apart one chair so you can see how the fabric is attached to the back. Just remove the wood plugs and the screws should be under them.

If your dining room chair fabric and foam is in good condition, and not too nubby or bulky, you can cover right over it, (which is the least costly option) If you need to buy new foam, etc. the seat cushion needs approx 2" thick judging by your photo, plus you'll need batting for each chair to smooth out the corners of the foam.
1.5 - 2" thick high density foam plus batting can cost upwards of $25. per chair.

Before you reupholster your dining room chairs, this is a good time to think about paint ideas for the wooden chair parts. You can also paint your dining room table, but make sure to use a high quality paint, like a good kitchen cabinet paint, that won't chip so easily.

Recovering your dining room chairs is a fabulously frugal way to up the wow factor in the room and while you're at it, add some great drapes or layer your window treatments with woven wood shades. Other dining room decorating ideas would be to change out the light fixtures or paint them with metal effects paints to change the look. (antique copper, rusted metal, blackened bronze, etc.)

You could also treat the dining room walls to a cool faux or Venetian plaster technique.

How to reupholster dining room chair?




.


I want reupholster my dining room chairs. I haven't found a website that show you how with the style if chair I have. Here is a link to a similar style http://www.amazon.com/Isabel-Oak-Arm-Chair-Casters/dp/B003V0OB9W. Does anyone have advice or a good website?


Answer
Reading text on a website and looking at pictures won't really help.
Have a look at youtube.com. You can get some good pointers from video.
The best thing to do is get on a course and take one of your chairs along.
Probably the piping is the hardest part.

Good Luck.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar