Tips on repainting my kitchen table and chairs?




Sari Lynn


If any of you have ever painted your kitchen table and chairs, what type of paint did you use? Did it end up chipping and peeling off? I know I will have to sand it down before painting it, but I don't want to just use wall paint because I am pretty certain it will peel off quickly with daily use. Thanks :)


Answer
About 15 years ago I built my wife a table against the kitchen wall a put 4 stools around it. While I was at work she painted it with gloss black Rustoleum that I had in the shed. She even rubbed some stencils on it - then clear coated it. It has lasted through 9 kids and 8 grandkids. It hasn't peeled or chipped. There have been some instances with gouges and knife marks that she subsequently sanded and repainted. I'm impressed.

I am reupholstering 2 dining chairs and 3 bar stools?




NavyBrat


They are all in the same room and are in fairly close proximity to each other. Should I cover them all in the same fabric? Or cover the dining chairs in a solid pattern, and the bar stools in a complementing fabric? Thanks


Answer
NavyBrat - I recently re-covered 6 kitchen chairs and 6 dining rom chairs. They are in separate rooms but visible to each other. I chose 2 different patterns with the same color profile. Different textures - the kitchen chairs have a much heavier texture tan the dining room chairs. I did a lot of shopping and found my fabric at a local remnant upholstery shop. I purchased 5 yards of fabric for $35. The original price on the fabric for the kitchen chairs was $30 per yard and the original price for the dining room fabric was $35 per yard. I do believe I got a great deal. 12 chair cushions for $35.

Same color profile - different pattern, different texture.

Good luck




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar