What colors for my kitchen when I have a purple living room?




Meghan


My living room is a light purple, with a white couch, and black accessories and I love it, The problem is that I have an open doorway that leads into my kitchen. My kitchen, which I haven't remodeled since I moved in last year, is a dark yellow (ew) with tan cabinets. I am planning on completely redoing it, but I need help matching it to my living room. Please help!


Answer
A very pale amber will play well. http://ittybittyinteriors.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/0266d86d-8671-4ca2-a3ef-c54c7e018b8f.jpg

Add some light amber accents to the living room. Conversely put in some deeper purple accents in the kitchen. http://www.thepartydress.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Purple-and-Orange-Table-large.jpg

Think amber and amethyst http://www.kirklands.com/product/Gifts/Gifts-Over-20/Amber-Canister-Set-of-3/pc/2290/c/0/sc/2363/155375.uts

Such as an amber vase with lilacs http://www.antiques.com/vendor_item_images/ori__1450381197_39377_Tiffin_Adam_Etched_10_Amber_Vase.jpg

There are several tones of amber you want the light golden one.

Please help me decorate my kitchen counter tops :)




WhosThatGi


I have gorgeous new granite counter tops with plenty of space, but I want to know what I should keep out (i.e. appliances, etc). It is a fairly modern-looking kitchen with stainless appliances and new smaller appliances such as a toaster, mixer, etc. to coordinate. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should leave out/display, etc. I am not into girly/frilly looking kitchens. Pictures and/or links to websites would be appreciated. Thank you!!


Answer
Only put appliances on the counter you use absolutely every day, like a toaster or coffeepot. However, if you have something cool looking like a complicated espresso machine, leave that out, too.

Think about your "plan". Do you want all your counter items to "match" or do you want an eclectic mix of modern items?

Leave the utensils in a drawer. Have a bowl of some sort of shelf-stable food out in a special large glass bowl. Green apples? Artichokes?

Do you want glass jars with food like beans or spaghetti? Do you want some stainless canisters? Do you want anything "antique" - maybe only one thing like an old weathervane. Visit a large indoor antique shop with lots of individual booths and see what strikes your fancy. Old bar stools? (Or the new ones with tractor seats?) Old lighting fixtures? One set of beautiful vintage yellow-ware bowls?

Make it yours.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar