sivatmin
Does anyone know where I could find a nice dining table and chair set? I live in an apartment and I've decided to go ahead and utilize my dining area for the RIGHT purpose. It's just empty and I really would like a dining table/chair set. Thanks for your help.
Answer
Since I don't know your style or taste or how much money you want to spend, it's hard to answer your question but I'll try. I know from experience that a very formal dining table is not practical for me; I also don't like the glass topped ones. I've had several types and like casual wood the best. It sounds like you may need something that isn't too big either, but if you have the option of adding a leaf, it's good to have one. Here are some that I like and hope you do too:
http://www.furniturexo.com/Nikka-Dining-Room-Set-Klaussner-Furniture-735-054-900-905-SET-p-24199.html?cPath=144
http://www.morediningtables.com/NoBot/American-Drew-Camden-Black-Round-Dining-Set-919-701RPKG.htm
http://shop.visiondecor.com/5pc-levita-contemporary-dining-table-4-chairs-set-new-he628-5.html
http://www.morediningtables.com/NoBot/Home-Styles-Black-Cherry-Round-Dining-Set-5176-30-SET.htm
As you can tell, I like simple furniture. You can always dress up the table with a runner or a centerpiece.
Since I don't know your style or taste or how much money you want to spend, it's hard to answer your question but I'll try. I know from experience that a very formal dining table is not practical for me; I also don't like the glass topped ones. I've had several types and like casual wood the best. It sounds like you may need something that isn't too big either, but if you have the option of adding a leaf, it's good to have one. Here are some that I like and hope you do too:
http://www.furniturexo.com/Nikka-Dining-Room-Set-Klaussner-Furniture-735-054-900-905-SET-p-24199.html?cPath=144
http://www.morediningtables.com/NoBot/American-Drew-Camden-Black-Round-Dining-Set-919-701RPKG.htm
http://shop.visiondecor.com/5pc-levita-contemporary-dining-table-4-chairs-set-new-he628-5.html
http://www.morediningtables.com/NoBot/Home-Styles-Black-Cherry-Round-Dining-Set-5176-30-SET.htm
As you can tell, I like simple furniture. You can always dress up the table with a runner or a centerpiece.
Painting a stained dining set?
T.M.Y.
My parents gave me a new wood dining set, to replace the card table I was using for a dining room table. It would be very nice, if it weren't such a light stain! My home is black and red colors, so I would prefer a dark stain, or if it were painted black. Can I just paint over it, without doing any prep, or is there an EASY way I can darken the wood? If I did just paint over the whole thing, how long would the paint last?
Answer
You could get a darker stain and go over it, also they make black stain, kind of an opaque too. OR-
you can use liquid sandpaper- available in Homedepot and Lowes, its like water and you wipe it on. What it does is form a chemical adhesion between what is there and what you want to put on. You can just wipe it on with a rag. Then spray paint a primer on and paint the table. Ask in your local store but I always do best when I simply read labels on the products- usually a better source of info than salespeople. It just depends on the look you want. Maybe paint lower part and restain the top darker wood stain. I have a set like that and it looks great. Seats of chairs wood stained, rest black. Sounds funny but look on JCPenny online. They have some sets like that and you can get an idea....Have fun.
You could get a darker stain and go over it, also they make black stain, kind of an opaque too. OR-
you can use liquid sandpaper- available in Homedepot and Lowes, its like water and you wipe it on. What it does is form a chemical adhesion between what is there and what you want to put on. You can just wipe it on with a rag. Then spray paint a primer on and paint the table. Ask in your local store but I always do best when I simply read labels on the products- usually a better source of info than salespeople. It just depends on the look you want. Maybe paint lower part and restain the top darker wood stain. I have a set like that and it looks great. Seats of chairs wood stained, rest black. Sounds funny but look on JCPenny online. They have some sets like that and you can get an idea....Have fun.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar