Jolo
I recently bought a new dining set, the table and chairs are all wood. Each chair's cloth seat portion itself is completely sealed with a thin, transparent plastic wrap. Am I supposed to rip that plastic wrap off? Is this like the pins in men's dress shirts, i.e. something to make the product present well but you then have to waste a bunch of time removing it before you can actually use it?
Thanks,
Bachelor with no clue.
Thanks for the prompt and helpful answers.
OK so I lied. I've had the chairs for 7 yrs now and still have the plastic on, and yes they're beginning to rip in spite of incredible gentle use. I'll go rip them off now. :)
Answer
Because it's a cloth seat, the plastic is to protect it from dirt and dust during shipping. You may leave them on but because they are so thin they will start ripping after sitting on them often. You can have them professionally covered by a furniture upholsterer, they would provide a heavier plastic which would last longer, keep the cloth clean and protected from food stains, spills, dirt and dust.
Because it's a cloth seat, the plastic is to protect it from dirt and dust during shipping. You may leave them on but because they are so thin they will start ripping after sitting on them often. You can have them professionally covered by a furniture upholsterer, they would provide a heavier plastic which would last longer, keep the cloth clean and protected from food stains, spills, dirt and dust.
Add padded seat to Oak dining chairs?
Q. Hi
I am looking at buying cheap dining sets but all the cheap ones are the basic wooden oak dining sets with no padding on seats. I want to know if its possible to add padding to the seat myself. How do I do it?
I would really like something permanent rather then tying the seats
I am looking at buying cheap dining sets but all the cheap ones are the basic wooden oak dining sets with no padding on seats. I want to know if its possible to add padding to the seat myself. How do I do it?
I would really like something permanent rather then tying the seats
Answer
You can do that yourself. Take a chair and put some foam on top of the seat. Cover it with the material of your choice. You use a staple gun to staple the material to the underside of the seat. Stretch the material as you go to make it neat.
You can do that yourself. Take a chair and put some foam on top of the seat. Cover it with the material of your choice. You use a staple gun to staple the material to the underside of the seat. Stretch the material as you go to make it neat.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar