What style is this dining set? Is it formal, french country, or what?







http://www.gowfb.com/7-PC-Highland-Home-Round-Pedestal-Dining-Room-Furniture-Set-by-Liberty-Furniture-p-23031.php?products_id=23031

I like casual but elegant furniture. I'm trying to decide if I'll like this set. The people at the store think it might be too formal for my taste, but I think it looks kind of country. Thanks for any advice.



Answer
It's sort of a "queen anne meets the country cousin" style. This is actually a poorly conceived furniture design; it looks like it's trying awfully hard to be a formal "Queen Anne" set (the turning of the legs, the dark mahogany etc), but those horizontal slats on the chairs are pure country.

This is not casual in the least ~ it's the chair backs that are giving you the illusion of being a country set.

54" round table--fitting chairs in it?




SueyN


Do you think I can fit 6 Queen Anne dining chairs comfortably with a 54" diameter round glass top dining room table?


Answer
You typically want 24" per place setting. The circumference of a 54" table is 54*pi, that allows for 7 @ 24" setting, so six will generally be fine, depending upon as other poster said, legs and arms interfering with each other. It should be simple enough to mock this up.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar