Munchkin
My baby is 5 and a half months old and we will be getting her a feeding chair soon but can't decide on a high chair or one that you attach to the table. Which is the better option? Any advice greatly appreciated!
Answer
Well, I say it depends on the size of your family and your dining room set. If you have enough extra chairs that having one turned into a "high chair" isn't a problem, just get a booster seat that attaches to a chair. The ones that attach to the tables have a weight limit, and actual high chairs have mobility issues. I have both a high chair and a feeding chair for my daughter, we rarely used the high chair in our old apartment because it didn't fold, and took up a lot of space. I have a safety first foldable travel chair and my daughter uses it all the time. It's nice cause you can use it to help them learn to sit up(if your daughter isn't already), it can be used at the table or stands alone on the floor without the height danger, for snacktime or when you're out at the beach or something. It has a tray and a removable liner to make cleanup easier. It straps to a regular chair just as sturdily as a carseat, and it has straps as well. Once they get a little older, you can just take the tray off and use it as a booster seat too.
Good luck!
Well, I say it depends on the size of your family and your dining room set. If you have enough extra chairs that having one turned into a "high chair" isn't a problem, just get a booster seat that attaches to a chair. The ones that attach to the tables have a weight limit, and actual high chairs have mobility issues. I have both a high chair and a feeding chair for my daughter, we rarely used the high chair in our old apartment because it didn't fold, and took up a lot of space. I have a safety first foldable travel chair and my daughter uses it all the time. It's nice cause you can use it to help them learn to sit up(if your daughter isn't already), it can be used at the table or stands alone on the floor without the height danger, for snacktime or when you're out at the beach or something. It has a tray and a removable liner to make cleanup easier. It straps to a regular chair just as sturdily as a carseat, and it has straps as well. Once they get a little older, you can just take the tray off and use it as a booster seat too.
Good luck!
Would memory foam be a good choice for dining room chairs?
Lady Tee
I am re-doing my dining room chairs and would like to know if 5lb. density 2.5 in. memory foam would be a good choice or should I just go with medium firm 2.5 in. regular foam. I am going to wrap the foam in batting before I put the fabric on the chairs. Also would 2.5 inches be thick enouph or should I do 3 inches? Please give details as to which foam would be better and why.
Answer
I would stay away from memory foam for dining chairs.
Folks move around, get up, sit down too often for there to be any benefit to having memory foam on a chair, and I can see where it would be a major PITA (literally!) to not be able to turn in my chair comfortably or to have to "REsit" myself in the molded-to-my-bottom cushion after getting up to get more rolls, or whatever.
I'd use regular medium density foam and I wouldn't use more than a 2" slab of it... especially if you're going to wrap the foam w/ batting before applying fabric.
If the cushion is too high/bulky you risk folks having to dangle their legs off the edge of the chair (think of Lily Tomlin's "Edith Ann" sitting in the big chair), or having an uncomfortable pressure point at the back of their thighs that could cause legs to go numb.
TX Griff
I would stay away from memory foam for dining chairs.
Folks move around, get up, sit down too often for there to be any benefit to having memory foam on a chair, and I can see where it would be a major PITA (literally!) to not be able to turn in my chair comfortably or to have to "REsit" myself in the molded-to-my-bottom cushion after getting up to get more rolls, or whatever.
I'd use regular medium density foam and I wouldn't use more than a 2" slab of it... especially if you're going to wrap the foam w/ batting before applying fabric.
If the cushion is too high/bulky you risk folks having to dangle their legs off the edge of the chair (think of Lily Tomlin's "Edith Ann" sitting in the big chair), or having an uncomfortable pressure point at the back of their thighs that could cause legs to go numb.
TX Griff
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar