Can someone answer a wood staining question?




mr blonde7


I got a new dining table but want to use my old chairs which are still good and almost match. The only problem is the legs which are a lighter shade of wood than the table. If I want to stain them darker, can I just stain over the light wood color; or do I need to sand them first? Someone said the legs are ''veneer," whatever that means, lol, help anyone?


Answer
veneer is thin layers of wood glued on your chair, they build the chair from a cheaper wood and cover it with layers of finer woods, so when you sand it be very careful, not to damage the veneer , you don't need to have every thing match exactly to stain you do have to sand the surface or clean the surface to remove all the old dirt and gunk ,wax , varnish before you can add new stain you should find a spot under the chair that won't show and do some test areas with different stains before you try to do the whole thing

I have an antique dining room set, hutch, buffett & table w/6 chairs. dark wood about 100 yrs.where do i look?

Q. Ive guessed mohogany, or chippendale , they are the closest things to mine. I would just like to date it and have it appraisedl


Answer
http://www.ebay.com

Solicitation is against the Community Guideline of Y! Answers.
http://answers.yahoo.com/info/community_guidelines;_ylt=AuRdggUVtHcOS3EsjAAodWE_zKIX




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar