How tall should a kitchen chair be?




Sockfinder


I would love to use two benches (below) with cushions on them, but are they too short? I will be using a standard sized kitchen table. The benches are 16" in height.
( http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&navAction=jump&id=17093501&search=true&isProduct=true&parentid=SEARCH+RESULTS&color=000 )


Thanks!



Answer
Standard kitchen tables are 30 inches high. standard chairs are 18 - 19 inches. The skirt board that goes around the bottom of the table top varies with manufactures, and effects leg room. Average leg room needed is 8 inches. Measure this from top of chair seat to bottom of skirting. Don't forget cushion thickness, as you need the 8 inches to top of cushion, if you use cushions on top of chairs.

New vynil for vintage kitchen chairs...?




Another Ti


Hi...We have 4 1950's vynil & chrome kitchen chairs. I'm wondering how much (just a ball park figure) it would run us to have them redone with new vynil. Anyone know of any websites where I can find out? Thanks. :)


Answer
If my memory is correct chairs like that have a seat that screws onto the frame of the chair, would actually be pretty easy to do yourself. You can buy foam padding and vinyl at a fabric store. Turn the chair upside down and unscrew the screws holding the seat on, there should be staples holding the vinyl on, pull them out. Now you should have a wood? base, pad and a sheet of vinyl.Use the old sheet of vinyl as a guide to measure the new. Use the old pad as a guide to measure the new pad too. Put it all together as before with the new materials, re-staple and screw back on.
As far as price I am not really sure I am guessing vinyl is going to set you back about 12 dollars a yard. Foam padding is pretty inexpensive, around 4-5 dollars per chair.
If you do it yourself there is no labor charge and you do not have to take the chairs anywhere.
Good Luck and have fun.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar