Reupholstering a dining room chair?




Lil Miss A


I would like to change the fabric on my dining room chair. Will have to change out the foam/padding as well? The chairs are only 3-4 years old and the padding appears to be intact. (Or will it come apart when i remove the old fabric)?

Just trying to figure it out before I take the chair apart :)

Also, what is the best way to measure for the new piece of fabric to cover the seat?



Answer
i would just put the new fabric right over the old, why not?
just measure it 4 inches longer than the chair measures, that will give you about 2 inches to play with and staple

Reupholstering dining chairs...I need help!?




KS


The chairs I bought have these huge cushions, so just buying a standard chair pillow won't work.

I want to remove the old padding and covers, for as little amount of money as possible.

What padding do I use? Can I use quilting batting? How do I make them look even if I do that? I saw some foam padding specifically for this kind of project, but it would run me over $50 for just the padding. Looking for a cheaper alternative (or maybe you know a place that sells that stuff cheaper?)

What material can I use? Do I have to use fabric specifically for furniture, the thicker stuff? Or can I use basically any material?



Answer
Quilt batting does not make very good padding cause it is to thin, if you use enough batting the seat will be to hard. You can just buy a piece of foam and cut your own padding, all you need to do is remove the old fabric and padding. trace the pattern of the chair seat on the foam using a marker, Remove the seat from the foam cut the foam with scisors or a knife, repeat for each chair. No you don't have to use heavy fabric you can use what ever fabric you want, but just remember the thiner the fabric the shorter it's life.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar