L R
Im looking for a good, well known brand of maybe a 12 or 18 piece set of cutting knives for kitchen use. Maybe at about $150. Can anyone recommend a set. Thanks.
And thats not funny Cause I dont want PROFESSIONAL cutting knives, Dumbass, Im looking for a set for the HOME. NEW ANSWER PLEASE.
Answer
I don't think the first 2 answers were trying to be funny.
You aren't going to get a "good" set, like you have described, for that price (or, at least, one that will last). Yes, you can probably find the J.A. Hinkels International set in that price range. They are just OK though. This is the 'bargain' product from them and they are nowhere near the quality of their regular knives. The good knives from J.A. Hinkels cost about 3 to 4 times that price.
Forschner by Victorinox are good professional-grade knives. $150 won't buy a complete set, but should get 4 or 5, which should do for most household cooking jobs.
You will get what you pay for.
I don't think the first 2 answers were trying to be funny.
You aren't going to get a "good" set, like you have described, for that price (or, at least, one that will last). Yes, you can probably find the J.A. Hinkels International set in that price range. They are just OK though. This is the 'bargain' product from them and they are nowhere near the quality of their regular knives. The good knives from J.A. Hinkels cost about 3 to 4 times that price.
Forschner by Victorinox are good professional-grade knives. $150 won't buy a complete set, but should get 4 or 5, which should do for most household cooking jobs.
You will get what you pay for.
kitchen cabinets?
ashmac
how do i measure for kitchen cabinets, top shelves and bottom shelves? i need measurments to take to home depot...thanks
Answer
Draw out a sketch of the kitchen.
To start measure the room from wall to wall both ways and draw a box on a piece of paper 1" for each foot. If the room is bigger than the paper this way, make it 1/2" per foot. Right down the measurements on the lines each way.
Ok you have the room size drawn. Measure from the corners of the room to the doors and windows and write them down on the inside of the lines for the walls..
Make sure the measurements are correct. Double check each one and then check then again.
I have been in construction for 35+ years and I still triple check before I cut a board and I make dam sure what each of the measurements are before I order cabinets.
Look at where you want the cabs., and write in the measurements from the corner of the room to where you want them to stop.
For the overhead cabs. match the base cabs., but at the windows cut them short 2" to 6" according on how the cabs., they have will fit.
As far as the hight of the top cabs., go, it is really according to the hight of your wife. Also as someone else said, you want to leave room for coffee pots, Microwaves, etc., and if you have 8' ceilings, most people put them up to the ceiling.
The wall cabs. are going to be 30" high and the base is, they is, they is, and I said they is, lol, I forget what they is and don't see a tape measure right now, but I think they are regularly 34". I believe that is what they are.
Any way, when you get them home, after you have decided on them and have the base set, which you should do first anyway, you can cut some 2" x 4" 's to set them on until you decide on how high you want them.
I have 9' ceilings and left 20" between them and the ceiling and have a shelve all the way around them but with an 8' ceiling, that would only be 8" but still nice for small things if you leave a small stepping stoll around to rech them as I do.
My wife is 5'2" tall so I built her a nice stool out of plywood.
hey, I got tired of haveing to get up and get whatever it was she needed, lol.
Just joking. Actually, she got tired of asking me to, LOL.
Hey, If you are a do it your self type of guy, e-mail me at dennis_phillips7@yahoo.com and I will tell you how to save some serious money on them.
You can buy a saw, planer, sander, cordless drill, router, all the materials, and the finish w/brushes for less than 1/2 of the cost of the cheaply made cabs home depot sells and you will have a very nice set of cabs. Plus you will have all the tools.
If you will e-mail me and tell me when you want to call, I will give you my number and be waiting for the call.
I'm disabled, but I didn't break my brain, LOL.
Good Luck and God Bless
Dennis.
Draw out a sketch of the kitchen.
To start measure the room from wall to wall both ways and draw a box on a piece of paper 1" for each foot. If the room is bigger than the paper this way, make it 1/2" per foot. Right down the measurements on the lines each way.
Ok you have the room size drawn. Measure from the corners of the room to the doors and windows and write them down on the inside of the lines for the walls..
Make sure the measurements are correct. Double check each one and then check then again.
I have been in construction for 35+ years and I still triple check before I cut a board and I make dam sure what each of the measurements are before I order cabinets.
Look at where you want the cabs., and write in the measurements from the corner of the room to where you want them to stop.
For the overhead cabs. match the base cabs., but at the windows cut them short 2" to 6" according on how the cabs., they have will fit.
As far as the hight of the top cabs., go, it is really according to the hight of your wife. Also as someone else said, you want to leave room for coffee pots, Microwaves, etc., and if you have 8' ceilings, most people put them up to the ceiling.
The wall cabs. are going to be 30" high and the base is, they is, they is, and I said they is, lol, I forget what they is and don't see a tape measure right now, but I think they are regularly 34". I believe that is what they are.
Any way, when you get them home, after you have decided on them and have the base set, which you should do first anyway, you can cut some 2" x 4" 's to set them on until you decide on how high you want them.
I have 9' ceilings and left 20" between them and the ceiling and have a shelve all the way around them but with an 8' ceiling, that would only be 8" but still nice for small things if you leave a small stepping stoll around to rech them as I do.
My wife is 5'2" tall so I built her a nice stool out of plywood.
hey, I got tired of haveing to get up and get whatever it was she needed, lol.
Just joking. Actually, she got tired of asking me to, LOL.
Hey, If you are a do it your self type of guy, e-mail me at dennis_phillips7@yahoo.com and I will tell you how to save some serious money on them.
You can buy a saw, planer, sander, cordless drill, router, all the materials, and the finish w/brushes for less than 1/2 of the cost of the cheaply made cabs home depot sells and you will have a very nice set of cabs. Plus you will have all the tools.
If you will e-mail me and tell me when you want to call, I will give you my number and be waiting for the call.
I'm disabled, but I didn't break my brain, LOL.
Good Luck and God Bless
Dennis.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar