Is going to New York worth it?

dining chairs new york city
 on Yu Interiors New York City Store & Home Portfolio of Showrooms! Shop ...
dining chairs new york city image



KD


Next summer our whole family on my mom's side is going to Maine for a family reunion(as of every 4 years) and I'm trying to convince my mom to take a train to New York for a day or two while we're in Maine. Last time we went after the reunion my Aunt and her family along with my other aunt went to New York and they ALL say it's worth it.

I realllly wanna go since I've never been to New York and i really want to visit a lot of places there. Would say it's worth it?
I'm from the west coast too, Washington state, and since each child in our whole family is getting $2,000 from my grandpa's(who died) will which is to be used to go to Maine I feel we have extra money. (:

And I also want to go because I dunno if we will go again.



Answer
Hi,
Oh, I am so glad you asked this question. Here we go.

YES! Go visit New York City. Go to a Broadway show. See the Statue of Liberty. Take the Train. Oh yes. It is so much fun!

I rented a car in NYCity and drove the entire state. In Correlle, NY there is the Correlle manufacturing company; and they make all the Correlle dishes we eat from. They also make very expensive Crystal there. I saw a tiny Carousel that was selling for $25,000.00 in 1987.
Just follow the signs through the city of Correlle, then there is this very vast building that is the Correlle building. Hundreds of people go through there. You can buy items you like, too.

I loved Yonkers, that is where the tiny, White Church is at; the one you see in post cards all the time. With the steeple & a Cross ontop. That is where it is from.

Then if you go to Buffalo, NY; up by Canada, you can view the Niagra Falls; and if you have a Passport, you can see them from the Canadian side of the Falls. It is a gorgeous trip by car.

But, if people only want to visit the NYCity; that's cool too. Lots of walking; but tons of Cabs. The Statue of Liberty, in 1987 was $17.50 to park your car; not to mention to view the Liberty Lady herself. I took a Photograph & saved the $.

It depends on what YOU want to do; but, make sure YOU all stay together. There are pick pockets there too; so make sure your $ is in a purse, that goes over your shoulder; or a tiny purse, tied into your bra; and very little money in your front pockets. I think those Passport wallets are in the stores everywhere, and can help you in that regard; to be safe with your $...also, I divided my money up with other people; so none of us were carrying a huge amount on us; in case we are robbed. I didn't have any problems, because I drove a car. Windows were locked, too. To be safe. Safety, first; always.

Maine is gorgeous too; I have never been there, but I have been to Massachusetts. In Framington, MA there is the Tara Sheraton Hotel, ad it looks just like a Castle from the outside; and the dining room has huge, very huge tables, chairs; and each table in the buffet has a different food item on it. Framington, MA, is near Boston, MA.

Enjoy! Do what you want to do this year; you will not regret it.
Make a Plan with them, and do the Plan; and always have options for changes. Plan A, B, C...you know.

And, if you Email NYCity Chamber of Commerce, they should be able to inform you what will be showing on a Broadway show, or a place to dine...Watch Regis and Kelly, Regis often dines in NYCity. Maybe he will recommond one. You could even contact them, for a good response. Other than mine. ok?

May GOD richly Bless your Journey that will last a lifetime. Amen?

Good bar/club in London Ontario?




Andy


Just moved here down on adelaide north, haven't gone out in the 4 weeks I've lived here because I know nobody here, in my old city there were only 3 bars and I knew which ones were good for cheap beer/hot women and good music, in London however there seems to be around 30 bars and I have no idea which one has cheap beer and sexy ladies, and good music, like a party club type atmosphere.

Any help would be awesome.

PS are there any places with 2 dollar droughts? I'm ballin on a budget lol



Answer
Call the Office

Call the Office is London's most famous---and longest-running---live music venue. The bar, which is located at the corner of York and Clarence Streets, has been showcasing live acts since 1960. Today, Call the Office books local, national and international bands that can best be described as underground, including rock, punk, hardcore, ska, garage and indie. The one thing you won't hear are tribute or cover bands, "Even if your band is the deepest and the purplest" as the bar's website states humorously.

Call the Office
216 York Street
London, ON N6A 1B5
519-432-4433
calltheoffice.com
The Barking Frog

The Barking Frog bills itself as an upscale pub and nightclub in downtown London. The bar attracts a young professional crowd who frequently start the evening off in the dining room for dinner, then lounge over cocktails before hitting the club's dance floor later in the evening. The Barking Frog features a number of outdoor patio areas during the warmer months and the upstairs Atrium allows you to sit under the stars even when the weather keeps you indoors. The bar maintains a dress code of smart casual, so arrive nicely attired.

The Barking Frog
209 John Street
London, ON N6A1N9
519-850-3764
barkingfrog.ca
Molly Bloom's London

Named after the wife of the protagonist in James Joyce's "Ulysses," this authentic Irish pub is located next to the railway tracks on Richmond Row. The bar is a casual affair with plenty of tables, overstuffed chairs and bench seats. The pub features a weekly schedule that includes a karaoke night, live Irish music on weekends and a Tuesday wing special that packs the house. The menu serves all your pub favorites such as chicken wings, Irish stew and chips prepared five ways.

Molly Bloom's London
700 Richmond Street
London, ON N6A 5C7
519-675-1212
mollyblooms.ca




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar