dining chairs clearance image
Q. Hi ~
I need some things that go together and are not too expensive .... they should look good together and make a set look nice .... in addition they should be inexpensive since I am moving and will be leaving them behind ...
I need some things that go together and are not too expensive .... they should look good together and make a set look nice .... in addition they should be inexpensive since I am moving and will be leaving them behind ...
Answer
Ikea sells unpainted furniture, plus it's cheap.
However, if you do not have one near you, the shipping prices can be outrageous.
If it's not necessary that the furniture be unpainted, why not try a "clearance center" of a furniture store.
I once got a matched dining room table, four dining chairs, two side tables, and a coffee table all for 400 or so.
Good luck!
Ikea sells unpainted furniture, plus it's cheap.
However, if you do not have one near you, the shipping prices can be outrageous.
If it's not necessary that the furniture be unpainted, why not try a "clearance center" of a furniture store.
I once got a matched dining room table, four dining chairs, two side tables, and a coffee table all for 400 or so.
Good luck!
I have a fairly large living room?
By Starlig
My 40 inch tv is against one wall and I have an "entry way" set up on the opposite wall... in the middle there is a big window and don't want to block it. I am having trouble placing furniture
I have a couch and sofa chair that's it. Where should I place them?
Answer
Get a couple of large sheets of 1/4" - 1' scale graph paper. Architect's rule. Furniture template if you can find it - university book store may be your only source other than on line - call first before running around town.
Draw out your room showing window, doors with door clearance and any other fixed features. Also annotate electrical outlets for lighting. Measure your furniture - play with placement on paper before moving stuff around. You may need additional furniture, rugs, lamps, tables. Look on line for styles you like and get approximate measurements. There should be no less than 18" - 24" clearance between all pieces of furniture. If your room is really large consider multiple seating areas. Don't fall into the trap of using overstuffed large scale furniture to fill your space. Use more pieces of smaller scaled furniture to optimize seating. I have gotten away from 3 seat sofas. Three people never sit on it. Us a love seat and lots of chairs with tables placed to hold lamps and provide a surface for drinks or whatever. Define your seating areas with area rugs. I rarely use all six chairs from my dining room set so the arm chairs are used against the wall in my husband's den for additional seating with a table between them. When we do need the seating in the dining room it is easy to move the chairs.
The major thing is to plan on paper first. When you actually lay things out you will be surprised at how wrong your eye is at judging scale.
LOL
Get a couple of large sheets of 1/4" - 1' scale graph paper. Architect's rule. Furniture template if you can find it - university book store may be your only source other than on line - call first before running around town.
Draw out your room showing window, doors with door clearance and any other fixed features. Also annotate electrical outlets for lighting. Measure your furniture - play with placement on paper before moving stuff around. You may need additional furniture, rugs, lamps, tables. Look on line for styles you like and get approximate measurements. There should be no less than 18" - 24" clearance between all pieces of furniture. If your room is really large consider multiple seating areas. Don't fall into the trap of using overstuffed large scale furniture to fill your space. Use more pieces of smaller scaled furniture to optimize seating. I have gotten away from 3 seat sofas. Three people never sit on it. Us a love seat and lots of chairs with tables placed to hold lamps and provide a surface for drinks or whatever. Define your seating areas with area rugs. I rarely use all six chairs from my dining room set so the arm chairs are used against the wall in my husband's den for additional seating with a table between them. When we do need the seating in the dining room it is easy to move the chairs.
The major thing is to plan on paper first. When you actually lay things out you will be surprised at how wrong your eye is at judging scale.
LOL
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar