What colors look good in a kitchen with white cabinets and a chair rail?

dining chairs blue
 on Nine by design: dining chairs
dining chairs blue image



Jennypenny


I have just bought my first house. My kitchen has white cabinets and a chair rail. I would like to paint below the chair rail a blue (maybe a slate blue?) but I don't know what color to paint the above the chair rail. I was thinking a off white or cream color but I'm not sure how that would look with white cabinets.


Answer
I would think twice about blue in the kitchen.

According to "Designed to Sell", blue kills the appetite, and is the only color that should be avoided in kitchens and dining rooms.

This is why many restaurants used to offer "Blue Plate Specials". The blue plate would cause you to eat less.

Wash or professionally dry clean denim fabric before reupholstering chairs?




Triscuit


It's lightweight, dark blue denim fabric and smells weird. Should it be machine-washed and dried, or professionally dry-cleaned before using to upholster dining room chairs?


Answer
Wash for sure in hot water. You want it to do its shrinking before you reupholster the chairs, then if you steam clean them later they will stay nice.

I have had experience with this. Good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar