dining table 8 chairs uk image
N200SXgrl
What color furniture (sofa, table, chairs) & decor goes well in a family/dining room with sand-colored ceramic tile floors & fireplace, and beige (2 sides) & chocolate (1 side) walls, and dark brown ceiling beams & kitchen cabinets? House was newly painted when bought. Thank you.
Answer
Hi - I would say a nice rustic oak would look nice with the colours you have mentioned. If you have room - as it is a family/dining room - I would put a nice sideboard or dresser in this room or if you have room for both then I would put both in - take a look at these:
http://www.oakfurnitureland.co.uk/furniture/french-farmhouse-solid-oak-large-dresser/1711.html
http://www.oakfurnitureland.co.uk/furniture/french-farmhouse-solid-oak-large-sideboard/1709.html
http://www.oakfurnitureland.co.uk/category/dining-tables/
I would also go for a cream or beige coloured sofa - but in this scheme I would add a bit of a POP to the colour scheme - which to be quite honest most colours will go with what I have suggested above, but if you like red - then I think this would be a great colour for the 'pop'.
So, the red I would use in cushions on your sofa - you could also perhaps purchase a couple of brown cushions too - to 'tie up' the colour of your brown wall - so... perhaps 4 red cushions and 2 brown ones - if you have windows in either or both of the kitchen and family/dining area then put some nice red curtains - these could be perhaps a patterned flower, or stripe or whatever you wish - they could even be plain if you like plain fabrics - it doesn't really matter. I would also add some red leather chairs for your dining table - have a look at something like this:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Solid-Extending-Dining-Leather-Chairs/dp/B005L3HDM4/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1376409716&sr=8-4&keywords=red+leather+dining+chairs
I would bring a bit of chrome in - as it is part of your kitchen and obviously most kitchens have a lot of chrome with taps etc so... bring one or two nice lamps with chrome bases and red shades. If you have patterned curtains then use plain shades, but if you have plain curtains then buy patterned shades - if you have the space for say 2 lamps buy them the same!
If, you have space on your walls, then why not co-ordinate these too - you could perhaps buy some remnant pieces of fabric or an extra curtain and use some of that or even a cushion cover or something the same as what you will purchase for your sofas and just use the fabric to cover some blank artists canvases - cut the fabric so it actually goes around the back of the canvas and staple it at the back and hey presto you have some nice wall art - do a mixture of plain and pattern fabric. Have a look on here to see what you could do to 'jazz' your walls up:)
http://itswrittenonthewalls.blogspot.ie/2011/08/diy-wall-art-scrapbook-paper-styrofoam.html
Over your fireplace put a really nice large mirror.
You can apply the same principle above - to whatever colour you wish i.e. even a nice aqua, teal, torquoise or even a nice orange would work well with the colours you have. So, at least you have a few choices!
Hope this helps :)
Hi - I would say a nice rustic oak would look nice with the colours you have mentioned. If you have room - as it is a family/dining room - I would put a nice sideboard or dresser in this room or if you have room for both then I would put both in - take a look at these:
http://www.oakfurnitureland.co.uk/furniture/french-farmhouse-solid-oak-large-dresser/1711.html
http://www.oakfurnitureland.co.uk/furniture/french-farmhouse-solid-oak-large-sideboard/1709.html
http://www.oakfurnitureland.co.uk/category/dining-tables/
I would also go for a cream or beige coloured sofa - but in this scheme I would add a bit of a POP to the colour scheme - which to be quite honest most colours will go with what I have suggested above, but if you like red - then I think this would be a great colour for the 'pop'.
So, the red I would use in cushions on your sofa - you could also perhaps purchase a couple of brown cushions too - to 'tie up' the colour of your brown wall - so... perhaps 4 red cushions and 2 brown ones - if you have windows in either or both of the kitchen and family/dining area then put some nice red curtains - these could be perhaps a patterned flower, or stripe or whatever you wish - they could even be plain if you like plain fabrics - it doesn't really matter. I would also add some red leather chairs for your dining table - have a look at something like this:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Solid-Extending-Dining-Leather-Chairs/dp/B005L3HDM4/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1376409716&sr=8-4&keywords=red+leather+dining+chairs
I would bring a bit of chrome in - as it is part of your kitchen and obviously most kitchens have a lot of chrome with taps etc so... bring one or two nice lamps with chrome bases and red shades. If you have patterned curtains then use plain shades, but if you have plain curtains then buy patterned shades - if you have the space for say 2 lamps buy them the same!
If, you have space on your walls, then why not co-ordinate these too - you could perhaps buy some remnant pieces of fabric or an extra curtain and use some of that or even a cushion cover or something the same as what you will purchase for your sofas and just use the fabric to cover some blank artists canvases - cut the fabric so it actually goes around the back of the canvas and staple it at the back and hey presto you have some nice wall art - do a mixture of plain and pattern fabric. Have a look on here to see what you could do to 'jazz' your walls up:)
http://itswrittenonthewalls.blogspot.ie/2011/08/diy-wall-art-scrapbook-paper-styrofoam.html
Over your fireplace put a really nice large mirror.
You can apply the same principle above - to whatever colour you wish i.e. even a nice aqua, teal, torquoise or even a nice orange would work well with the colours you have. So, at least you have a few choices!
Hope this helps :)
Halloween decoration ideas please!?
Questionab
I want to host a massive halloween party at my house (which is quite big) and I need some help!
The main rooms I wanna use are:
-The Hall (Its pretty big with a 'grand' staircase going up into the 1st floor, similar to the link below but taller and thinner),
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?start=96&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&rls=com.microsoft:en-gb:IE-Address&rlz=1I7ADSA_enGB411&biw=1024&bih=506&addh=36&tbm=isch&tbnid=kJYRQwz8V73blM:&imgrefurl=http://www.high-peak.com/BmtHist.htm&docid=9IFMHHr9J5rk-M&imgurl=http://www.high-peak.com/images/Grand%252520Staircase.JPG&w=303&h=447&ei=yRdiUI2gJ4Gu0QWLzYCwAw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=109&vpy=82&dur=1917&hovh=273&hovw=185&tx=77&ty=152&sig=110552349347756799967&page=8&tbnh=143&tbnw=127&ndsp=15&ved=1t:429,r:5,s:96,i:22
-The dining room (decent size with table in the middle),
-Living room (very spacious with a piano and 3 sofas. It leads into the garden through patio doors)
-And the snug (a tiny living room with one sofa and a firplace)
There are going to be a dozen or so teens, plenty of adults and many pre-teens so can it be really quite scary, without a massive budget!!
BTW, any help with food ideas or just general themes would be much appreciated!
Thanks :)xxx
Answer
for the stair case put rubber snakes or streamers on the railings
for the living room put a an Metronic head or corpse near the couch have some pumpkins on the Piano. And on the patio doors have black curtain's a the rubber blood stickers. or at Spirit.com buy the norman bates sign.
the snug have some fake bones in the fire place (don't light it) go to spirit Again and get the Metronic sociopath in the chair.
In the garden have some pumpkin leaf bags and for extra pay a guy in a gorilla suit to get in a cage to mess a round.
for the kitchen. have some ghost or creepers hanging from the ceiling (like the ones from the store)
and have a plate of gummy body parts (you can get them at Walgreen's.
for the stair case put rubber snakes or streamers on the railings
for the living room put a an Metronic head or corpse near the couch have some pumpkins on the Piano. And on the patio doors have black curtain's a the rubber blood stickers. or at Spirit.com buy the norman bates sign.
the snug have some fake bones in the fire place (don't light it) go to spirit Again and get the Metronic sociopath in the chair.
In the garden have some pumpkin leaf bags and for extra pay a guy in a gorilla suit to get in a cage to mess a round.
for the kitchen. have some ghost or creepers hanging from the ceiling (like the ones from the store)
and have a plate of gummy body parts (you can get them at Walgreen's.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar