1960s kitchen chairs image
Angry Dog
Just wanna know! where is it? whats the climate? rooms? furniture?
Mine:
A brick house in New zealand 2 stories plus a basement,a long driveway and at the end a big porch and to the right a deck that you can get to from inside.when you walk in there are two small couches with a big coffee table and 2 stair cases one leading upstairs and one leading downstairs there are 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and downstairs there is a small room with a hot tube, a game room and a large family room oh and on the the main floor there is also a kitchen and a den with french doors that lead to a small deck,and near the couches with french doors behind them to lead you out back to the pool and the garden,oh yeah and tile flooring in the bathrooms and hardwood for the rest of the house
Answer
a castle house i built with my own two hands (and about 50,000 other laborers). I love the concept of making my own stuff, so how about a house? I dislike modern homes anyways, they feel cheap and flimsy to me.
I love castles, the big strong structure feels like a warm cozy place that is built to last centuries, it can survive anything nature can throw at it and is largely unaffected by the actions of man (case in point, medieval and pre-Christ castles are still here).
I plan on buying up a huge tract (at least 3,000 acres) of a forest not far from town in Oregon, Idaho, Montana or Wyoming, I'm not the type that likes to live in or live near a big city. outskirts of a suburb or small town is my kind of place. I hate traffic, crowds or people and the communal living of cities. I lust for crisp mountain air, pristine natural environments, no smog or toxic pollution.
That is reflected on my home, It's built entirely the old way. you will not see any drywall, you will not see cheap 2x4 wood studs. you will not see any gaudy aluminum sliding or flimsy hollow doors. It's all natural. to a certain point. There's obviously some serious problems to address when building a 13th century structure using 13th century specification in the 21st century. the house's exterior walls are stone & brick. ok, no problem there. the interior is all wood, natural plaster and various natural fibers. That's the problem. it's nearly impossible to buy natural wood furnishings made without use of modern polymer glues or urethane finishes. I'd have to design and make all my furnishings. Even though I desperately want to do things the old way I have no intention of having renaissance-era chairs or anything. Naw, I'm a modernist. I have a old structure built the old way (mostly) but you'll find, to your surprise, modern or post-mod furnishings inside. I'd use a large steam press to create super simple furnishings made of plywood. in keeping with the theme the glues are natural and the finishes are shellac or lacquer. it was all the rage back in the 1950s and 1960s.
There are some structural issues that need to be addressed too. all masonry buildings are illegal since they won't pass building codes. also castle walls calls for "rubble". in the 13th century it was everywhere. today there is no such thing. so instead of real castle walls I'd keep the dimensions the same but use post tensioned reinforced concrete in it's place. Same for the massive wood beams that makes up the floor/ceiling joists and the rafters in the great hall. There are no trees left in America that's big enough. Cutting Redwoods and Sequoia/other giant trees are illegal. They're wood veneer finely crafted around a modern fireproofed steel I-beam. This results in a ridiculously strong structure. you can stack 30- 747 jumbo jets on the roof no problem.
The interiors of the rooms vary, ranging from stone or plaster to all wood paneling or various handmade weavings of natural fibers. The kitchen features a large kiln-like adobe fireplace. for cooking. While I'd have a modern induction stove sometimes there's no better way to make a stew or roast a pig than in an actual fire. Keeping with traditions, there's a fully equipped outdoor kitchen in the back of the house.
There is a Great Hall. vaguely modeled after Hogwarts' Great Hall (of Harry Potter). Two huge 12 foot fireplaces at each end. stone floor that's radiantly heated or cooled.
Oh yes, about the luxury, I'd spare no expense. it's extremely modern. Climate control, radiant heating, infrared heating, air curtains, touch screens and PDAs to keep temps under control.
The kitchen has a PDA. you tell the Auto Cook what you want and it'll make it for you. can be a perfect cup of coffee to a tray of BBQ chicken wings.
The Great Study (library) is also the media room. huge 16K 110" home theater (made of four 4K 55" OLED TVs) Thousands of books. digital library. 3 floors actually. it's as grand as the great hall. There's also a great entry. a great room. 4 great bad rooms, and 5 great baths.
You've seen some houses with a great room, but in my house it's ridiculous. practically everything is a "great" something-or-other room. I'd even have a great pool hall. that's a hall that has a pool in it.
off to the side of the house there's a studio. complete opposite of the house. it's modern, drywall, aluminum framing, pre-manufactured (not really). the place where I have total creative freedom. 3d printers, machine shop, high end workstation, possibly even a 3-d computer!
a castle house i built with my own two hands (and about 50,000 other laborers). I love the concept of making my own stuff, so how about a house? I dislike modern homes anyways, they feel cheap and flimsy to me.
I love castles, the big strong structure feels like a warm cozy place that is built to last centuries, it can survive anything nature can throw at it and is largely unaffected by the actions of man (case in point, medieval and pre-Christ castles are still here).
I plan on buying up a huge tract (at least 3,000 acres) of a forest not far from town in Oregon, Idaho, Montana or Wyoming, I'm not the type that likes to live in or live near a big city. outskirts of a suburb or small town is my kind of place. I hate traffic, crowds or people and the communal living of cities. I lust for crisp mountain air, pristine natural environments, no smog or toxic pollution.
That is reflected on my home, It's built entirely the old way. you will not see any drywall, you will not see cheap 2x4 wood studs. you will not see any gaudy aluminum sliding or flimsy hollow doors. It's all natural. to a certain point. There's obviously some serious problems to address when building a 13th century structure using 13th century specification in the 21st century. the house's exterior walls are stone & brick. ok, no problem there. the interior is all wood, natural plaster and various natural fibers. That's the problem. it's nearly impossible to buy natural wood furnishings made without use of modern polymer glues or urethane finishes. I'd have to design and make all my furnishings. Even though I desperately want to do things the old way I have no intention of having renaissance-era chairs or anything. Naw, I'm a modernist. I have a old structure built the old way (mostly) but you'll find, to your surprise, modern or post-mod furnishings inside. I'd use a large steam press to create super simple furnishings made of plywood. in keeping with the theme the glues are natural and the finishes are shellac or lacquer. it was all the rage back in the 1950s and 1960s.
There are some structural issues that need to be addressed too. all masonry buildings are illegal since they won't pass building codes. also castle walls calls for "rubble". in the 13th century it was everywhere. today there is no such thing. so instead of real castle walls I'd keep the dimensions the same but use post tensioned reinforced concrete in it's place. Same for the massive wood beams that makes up the floor/ceiling joists and the rafters in the great hall. There are no trees left in America that's big enough. Cutting Redwoods and Sequoia/other giant trees are illegal. They're wood veneer finely crafted around a modern fireproofed steel I-beam. This results in a ridiculously strong structure. you can stack 30- 747 jumbo jets on the roof no problem.
The interiors of the rooms vary, ranging from stone or plaster to all wood paneling or various handmade weavings of natural fibers. The kitchen features a large kiln-like adobe fireplace. for cooking. While I'd have a modern induction stove sometimes there's no better way to make a stew or roast a pig than in an actual fire. Keeping with traditions, there's a fully equipped outdoor kitchen in the back of the house.
There is a Great Hall. vaguely modeled after Hogwarts' Great Hall (of Harry Potter). Two huge 12 foot fireplaces at each end. stone floor that's radiantly heated or cooled.
Oh yes, about the luxury, I'd spare no expense. it's extremely modern. Climate control, radiant heating, infrared heating, air curtains, touch screens and PDAs to keep temps under control.
The kitchen has a PDA. you tell the Auto Cook what you want and it'll make it for you. can be a perfect cup of coffee to a tray of BBQ chicken wings.
The Great Study (library) is also the media room. huge 16K 110" home theater (made of four 4K 55" OLED TVs) Thousands of books. digital library. 3 floors actually. it's as grand as the great hall. There's also a great entry. a great room. 4 great bad rooms, and 5 great baths.
You've seen some houses with a great room, but in my house it's ridiculous. practically everything is a "great" something-or-other room. I'd even have a great pool hall. that's a hall that has a pool in it.
off to the side of the house there's a studio. complete opposite of the house. it's modern, drywall, aluminum framing, pre-manufactured (not really). the place where I have total creative freedom. 3d printers, machine shop, high end workstation, possibly even a 3-d computer!
Seniors: When was the last time you cleaned out your shed?
Lisette
I just got through (by the grace of God) cleaning mine out this morning. We had lawn chairs from the early 70s, a 1960s snowman that lights up, two lawn mowers (two guys came and took those as I placed them at the curb), kitchen flooring from the 90s, and for some reason we saved some old rug foam. My mom was a pack rat and would not get rid of anything. I was feeling good until something dropped on the floor and scurried behind a bag I was reaching for. Job ended right there. Lol
Yoda, they would have to rewire the plug.
Answer
Had to clear it out when we sold our old house in May but it was never really messy anyway.Looking forward to taking over another one when we buy our next place.Our garage was the place my husband used to hoard things in.The shed was mine,all mine as I am the gardener & I liked to know what was where.
Had to clear it out when we sold our old house in May but it was never really messy anyway.Looking forward to taking over another one when we buy our next place.Our garage was the place my husband used to hoard things in.The shed was mine,all mine as I am the gardener & I liked to know what was where.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar