dining chairs ideas image
brynniev
I have 3 boys who are very messy. They tend to get something (ketchup, juice, anything that typically stains) on their seats at every meal. I want to reupholster my dining room chairs with something that is easy to clean and will last a few years with daily use. I have no idea what kind of fabric to use. Please help. Thanks.
Answer
Another thing you could do is keep a towel over whatever you decide on. A little extra protection never hurt.
Another thing you could do is keep a towel over whatever you decide on. A little extra protection never hurt.
How To glue dining chair arm?
Opsadaisy
Actually, two questions: I am about to take an old dining chair and stain the wood parts black and do the seat upholstery in pleather for a friend with an invalid hubby. This is the best chair for him & she wants it to look more like her table & chairs. The problem now is that it has a broken arm.
First question is this: I did the refinish of her table with a black base and chestnut stained top. No problem, I stripped it all first. Now, this chair just needs a thorough cleaning because I will use Minwax Black Polyshades. Ok, what's the best wood cleaner to scrub the chair prior to application of the black?
Main Question: One of the arms is broken off the chair. The back dowel is intact and the front is a clean break. There is a split in the skinny little arm only part way up and I'm going to try to smoosh carpenter glue into the split with a razor blade or thin plastic and clamp the arm. The huge problem I can't figure out is how on earth to glue the arm at the dowel and the front and hold it tight to the chair back and front? The arm is straight where it connects to the dowel near your armpit and has a huge upward curve where it attaches to the front of the chair at the wrist area. A clamp isn't going to do any good even if I had one that big. Where the straight part of the arm goes to the dowel on the chair back what on earth can I do to keep it nice and tight while the glue dries?
I did a google search and I believe this would be called a Regency Style dining chair.
Thanks for any ideas
Answer
If you have any wide bandages or something similar at home them you could use that as a sort of tourniquet. Wind it round the back upright and the font curved bit, use a screwdriver to twist in and tighten it and fix the screwdriver with a bit of string - or end of bandage - to stop it unwinding.
If you have any wide bandages or something similar at home them you could use that as a sort of tourniquet. Wind it round the back upright and the font curved bit, use a screwdriver to twist in and tighten it and fix the screwdriver with a bit of string - or end of bandage - to stop it unwinding.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar