dining chairs metal image
Q. I have 4 dining room chairs I.want to reapolster the seats.they are a little smaller than most but id say about average. If I mesured them how many inches in a yard. And I want to paint the metal legs and back black how do I prepare them and what kind of paint do I use.
Answer
There are 36 inches in a yard.
To measure the chairs use a cloth measuring tape; a metal one will give inaccurate measurement as it bends around the edge. If you must use a metal tape be generous in your measuring. The excess material will be stapled underneath and then trimmed. Be sure to allow for the extra thickness of your new upholstery padding.
Since you're going to reupholster anyway, I'd first strip the chairs down. Then sand the metal parts using medium fine wet/dry sand paper. Buy the kind that is about 2" wide and comes in a roll in a little box. Tear off about 16" of wet/dry and loop it around a chair leg; grasp one end of paper in each hand and work the wet/dry back and forth many times around the leg until you have removed the "shine" from the existing surface.
Since the chairs are stripped, take 'em outside and spray with Tremclad brand glossy black spray paint. If is the most durable paint I have found for surfaces that take hard use. A couple of coats will last for many years.
There are 36 inches in a yard.
To measure the chairs use a cloth measuring tape; a metal one will give inaccurate measurement as it bends around the edge. If you must use a metal tape be generous in your measuring. The excess material will be stapled underneath and then trimmed. Be sure to allow for the extra thickness of your new upholstery padding.
Since you're going to reupholster anyway, I'd first strip the chairs down. Then sand the metal parts using medium fine wet/dry sand paper. Buy the kind that is about 2" wide and comes in a roll in a little box. Tear off about 16" of wet/dry and loop it around a chair leg; grasp one end of paper in each hand and work the wet/dry back and forth many times around the leg until you have removed the "shine" from the existing surface.
Since the chairs are stripped, take 'em outside and spray with Tremclad brand glossy black spray paint. If is the most durable paint I have found for surfaces that take hard use. A couple of coats will last for many years.
Would it be tacky to create a formal dining table from a 60 inch folding table?
mommyX4
I have dining chairs, but not a formal table. I was considering using a folding table and dressing it up with formal table linens. Has anyone tried this and how did it turn out?
Answer
Yes - my aunt decorated a 60" round card table in her apartment. It looked absolutely beautiful - when she showed me,
Go for it - you don't need to tell anyone what's under the tablecloth!
Another thing, (I saw this on HGTV) you could get a 60" round glass top and see what you can find for a decorative base to hold the heavy glass. You might be able to find a metal base that would work with your chairs. Or a decorative column. Check the HGTV website. I am all for doing the best with what you have until you can afford the dining table you really like. If I had to wait until things were perfect to entertain, I would be one lonely person! Enjoy.
Yes - my aunt decorated a 60" round card table in her apartment. It looked absolutely beautiful - when she showed me,
Go for it - you don't need to tell anyone what's under the tablecloth!
Another thing, (I saw this on HGTV) you could get a 60" round glass top and see what you can find for a decorative base to hold the heavy glass. You might be able to find a metal base that would work with your chairs. Or a decorative column. Check the HGTV website. I am all for doing the best with what you have until you can afford the dining table you really like. If I had to wait until things were perfect to entertain, I would be one lonely person! Enjoy.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar