What would be a good companion dog for my bassett hound?

bassett
 on Angela Bassett Pics - AskMen
bassett image



Kathryn C


I have a 6 year old bassett hound, but she is left alone for about 4 hours during the day and i would like to get a 2nd dog to keep her company, preferably something small. What would be the best companion for her


Answer
probably the best dog companion to your dog will be a nother bassett hound but if you want a small dog try a pug. make sure its the oposit sex.

how do I keep my 11 month old bassett hound from bitting and from going potty in the house?




pfcklenz


My bassett hound has been bitting, peeing and pooping in the house since I got her in May. My boyfriend and I tell her, NO bad dog, but nothing seems to work. She learned how to sit recently, but why can't she stop bitting and going potty in the house?? Please help. My boyfriend can't take it no more and is losing his patience, but she is too cute to get rid of.


Answer
You need to housebreak her as though she were a brand new puppy. Bassets are known to be difficult to housebreak.

http://www.basset-bhca.org/Finding/Discover7.htm

You also need to teach her bite inhibition.

http://www.paw-rescue.org/PAW/PETTIPS/DogTip_BiteInhibition.php

A session of obedience classes would definitely be beneficial.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar