how do i get a black distressed/ black rubbed look on my unfinished dining chairs?

dining chairs unfinished
 on Unfinished Tall Windsor Dining Chair
dining chairs unfinished image



jtcontine


i got these chairs from a garage sale for $15. they are just like the windsor chairs that i have wanted from broyhill, but they are unfinished. the ones from broyhill are black distressed, they cost $215.00. i would like to know how to get that look, and have the paint durabilty that a dining room chair needs.


Answer
go to your local home depot or paint store because there is special paint needed to do it correctly and to have lasting durability, they will also give you instructions on how to apply it and what tool you can use

What can I use to remove a black, unknown stain from unfinished wood?




kkhh21


I recently bought a dining set of unfinished, softish wood- it might be pine, I'm not completely sure. One chair has a faded black stain on the seat. I'm not sure what made the stain, but is there any way to try to lighten the stain without damaging the wood? My Mom suggested bleach, but I'm worried it'll harm the wood. I'd eventually like to stain the chairs, but I don't want to seal in the stain.
This website is a godsend! I will try Dawn, then sanding, then the bleach. Thank you!



Answer
Repaired lots of old furniture and household trim.

Black stains can be removed by spraying the stain with un diluted Bleach. Let Dry. Sand smooth, then re stain the wood to match the surrounding area.

If it is soft wood like pine or hemlock, anything liquid will raise the grain, just sand it smooth again.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar