dining chairs wood image
Kaytee.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Boraam-Shaker-Dining-Chairs-Set-of-2-Walnut/22733664
They're that type of wood, and pretty banged and scratched up, but a darker, chocolate color. I like any look-contemporary, modern, weathered, etc. I think my new kitchen is going to have yellow accents.
I really want to repaint in, but what paint do I use, and can I sand them down without completely ruining them?
Answer
Sand them, wipe off with damp cloth or tack cloth, apply primer coat, then paint any color. Or, if that is too much work try Liquid Gold or a refinishing oil. New tie on chair pads and you are done.
Sand them, wipe off with damp cloth or tack cloth, apply primer coat, then paint any color. Or, if that is too much work try Liquid Gold or a refinishing oil. New tie on chair pads and you are done.
How does one refinish (stain) old wood dining room chairs?
Sue Sch
I have 40 year old dining room chairs that were finished in a antique greenish white (UGLY). I want to restain them in a natural looking wood finish. Do I need to strip the old finish? Do I need to apply a base? HELP!!!!! Thanks much.
Answer
There are "strippers" that will eat the old paint & finishes off. But I can't speak from experience on how to do it...
You may find the answers here:
www.diynetwork.com (Do It Yourself Network)
or here:
www.about.com
You might, too, find the information online at:
www.homedepot.com
www.lowes.com
Too, these places (Home Depot and Lowe's) have books and magazines, plus employees that always seem knowledgeable. (Many other mags on the market, too.)
That's a direction - if no one in Answers can help...
:)
There are "strippers" that will eat the old paint & finishes off. But I can't speak from experience on how to do it...
You may find the answers here:
www.diynetwork.com (Do It Yourself Network)
or here:
www.about.com
You might, too, find the information online at:
www.homedepot.com
www.lowes.com
Too, these places (Home Depot and Lowe's) have books and magazines, plus employees that always seem knowledgeable. (Many other mags on the market, too.)
That's a direction - if no one in Answers can help...
:)
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar