How do I get past feeling underappreciated?

kids kitchen sets youtube
 on Rasoi Show - Episode 82 - Full Episode - YouTube
kids kitchen sets youtube image



T


I was cooking a meal that would take quite a while so I set four stacks of crackers in place at the table and told my four children that they could come and eat the crackers in the kitchen at the table. Clear, right? Then as soon as I turn around all of my children had left the table and were sitting in the living room eating the crackers. I took care of it by giving the children each an extra chore for the day to get a concept of what it takes to keep the house clean. Crackers make lots of crumbs. I had just finished sweeping the floor, and they weren't eating them over anything but their laps. They do this all the time. I will ask a child while he or she is next to something, "can you please pick that up while you are over there?" They say YES and then a half an hour later I will go to do something and that thing is still in the way. Why oh why all the disrespect?? I am getting that 'I'm under appreciated' mentality that used to annoy me coming from other mothers. How can I get through these feelings of being under appreciated without becoming a drill sergeant adding to the ever increasing list of chores as I stand over them making sure they stay on track? I don't like being that way. It's just not me. When I was talking to my husband about it, he says I am making everything about me. I get what he is saying, but I replied that it is hard not to take it personally when I am very clear with them on something and they turn around and do it anyway.


Answer
Being a mother can be the hardest job of all as well as the best. The truth is kids simply don't understand what you do for them as they haven't experienced that kind of responsibility yet, they haven't fully 'lived' yet. They usually don't mean to disrespect you, they just haven't learnt that it's important to do the dull stuff in life in order to have a good time aswell.
Don't overload your kids with nagging because it will only go in one ear and out the other. If you ask them to do something which they usually can't be bothered to do, tell them WHY so they understand the consequence of not doing it. ("Please put your plate in the sink, or it will start to smell and attract bugs. Do you want bugs in your room?")
Remember, though, you can't be in control of every little corner of your house. With 4 kids it's unavoidable. Don't allow yourself to become angry over small upsets like a squashed crayon or a footprint on the carpet, as these things don't affect you personally or hurt you, so why even waste the energy?

I also recommend watching the Shaytards, a family on Youtube who vlog each day. The mum, Colette, has 4 kids too. And she always has a messy house, the kids run wild and it's always kind of manic. It will make you realise that it's okay to just let go of the little things and enjoy your kids' childhood. (They will be so grateful for all you do once they're a little older.. i promise!!!)

Kids show with animated characters on glasses set in a kitchen?




jhnyblayze


I am trying to remember the name and show that it was on. It was usually set in the kitchen sometimes in the bathroom. It was kind of a moral lesson short. The main character was an animated guy on a glass. When he walked the glass slid across the counter and could move through certain surfaces. The minor character was an animated boy who also followed along. Please help me out with the names of any of the charachters, the title of the short, or what main show it was on. Please help, it's driving my wife and I crazy. Thanks


Answer
Teeny Little Super Guy. Used to be on Sesame Street. You can find clips on YouTube.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar