What was your last directly answered prayer?

8 ft kitchen table
 on ft English Oak Farmhouse Refectory Table
8 ft kitchen table image



Prici


Meaning, something you prayed for that was granted to you and really went beyond coincidence.
Goshdarnit, R&S really is going to hell in a handbasket. My pole dancing question got 20 answers, and my prayer question only gets 2??? At least they are from people I adore.



Answer
When I was about 8 years old I was up one morning cradling my 2 yr old nephew on the porch of my older sister's (15) apartment where we all lived. It was me, my sister Cathy, her husband John, my niece who was about 1 and my nephew, her son that was 2 years old, my older brother (11) and my mother all living in this two bedroom apartment just outside of Ridgelea Hills in Ft. Worth. There was no place for me and my brother to sleep really cuz the place was so small. My mom took the couch, the two little ones had the back bedroom and my sister Cathy and her husband had the other room. We lived a very violent and chaotic life at this point. It was summer and there was no school. Our only escape, mine and my brothers, was to take off all day through the neighborhood and find ways to make money to feed ourselves. My mother wouldn't work and had little money and my sister and her husband wouldn't feed us either. In fact my sister's
husband put locks on the cabinetes. However, my brother had ways of earning money and we practically lived at 7-11 and Dunkin Donuts. We had just been kicked off base where my mom and us all lived with my step-dad Al who had been shipped overseas. He had been cheating on my mother with another woman anyway and they were divorcing so she was drinkin' more and sleeping all day. My sister was dealing with being teen mother forced into marriage with the Airman who knocked her up with two kids or he would face problems in the military. He was very abusive...to everyone. Even his own kids. We all lived in filth cuz no adults would clean the house. Truly disgusting. We were used to communal living. Most of the time we didn't get to sleep in a bed so we would make pallets on the floor with blankets or whatever we could find and then take naps during the day. Well, I couldn't sleep because my sisters husband could not be trusted. As well, because my sister would drink and pass out too, I was left to take care of the babies at night. Which was okay, cuz I loved those babies and so did my brother. This particular night though, my sister woke up and put a bottle on the stove to warm and then passed back out at the kitchen table. What she didn't know was that the pan she set the bottle in had cooking oil in it. Not water. So after all the chaos of everyone waking up, the fire department being called because of the rolling smoke at 4 a.m. was over and all of them went back to sleep I went out and climbed in the back seat of our station wagon because I couldn't stand the smell of the acrid smoke. I passed out from exhaustion. I guess that didn't sit well with my mother or sister cuz that meant they had to take care of the baby. I awoke to being dragged out of the car by my ankles and have my ass beat for disappearing on everyone and making them search for me. I was sent into take care of the mess and help scrub the black smoke soot off the walls in the kitchen. By about 10 am, stomach growling, hot, sticky and a mess, unable to shower because the tub was piled with dirty clothes cuz we hadn't been to laundry matt in several months and smelling dirty and horrible of smoke, having been screamed at, smacked around and pushed to the floor..I picked myself up and went back to the back bedroom to get my nephew who I guess had been fussing and crying for some time with no attention. He was in a crib with a bare mattress that had dirty diapers and sour bottle all stuffed down in the sides. It smelled and there were flies all around. He stood there in his diaper reaching for me and I wrapped him in the only blanket he had which also stank and took him out onto the porch where I could breath some fresh air. My head was pounding. I cradled him and leaned up against a post and just cried. I was so tired, so hungry and filthy and I has such guilt over the babies. The morning before when no one was looking I ate the littlest ones bowl of cereal and part of the jar of baby food. That afternoon my brother and I had split a box of mac and cheese made with just water. Since then we hadn't eaten. So here I was just about as miserable as I could be and I looked down at this little guys face and he looked back at me with a genuinely concerned expression of sympathy, tears in his eyes too. I tried to smile at him and he tried to smile back but it was no good. I just started praying. "God please get me out of this. Please, please, please. I'll do anything..." and so on and on. That afternoon, when we were back out at the base cleaning our old on base apartment from which we were evicted, my mom lost her temper and tossed me down from the upstairs landing. On the way down my face hit every rung on the banister. I smashed my nose, folded back my right eye lid, broke off one of my teeth and split my chin clear into the bone. She had to take me to the doctor. Between that and the police report from the near fire at my sisters apartment we were referred to social services and they came and got us and we were placed in Christs Haven for Children. I never went hungry again. Not as a child anyway. My brother went out there with me. My sister was allowed to keep her babies but was made to take classes and be counceled by some social services folks on from Carswell AFB. My mother went to live with my grandmother. It wasn't perfect for anyone after that. That was over 34 years ago but that was the most significantly directly answered prayer I've ever experienced and I knew it the whole time. I felt it during, after and since then...that I wasn't alone...that there was another person there...almost visable in my periphery. I have had answered prayer since then...many, many times...but it's never been so blatant, almost but not quite. Still I always seem to notice the steps, the arrangement, the order from chaos of how these miracles happen. Once your attention has been paid to it...you always see it after that. I do, anyway. Prayer answered all the time. Love in Christ, ~J~

does anybody have or know where i can get some workbench plans.?




Cody


i have a 20 ft wall in my garage and i want to put a workbench all the way down it. some drawers under it on one side. and 2 to 3 ft wide..any plans?


Answer
Hi Cody! I have been making things like this in my different garages for about 20 years. And always changing/improving!-lol- I weld, do cars, electrical, whatever. My favorite is a 2x4 frame (wall type:12-16" on center cross bracing "joists") for the table/bench, with legs at each end. (a leg at each 8' length of plywood(basic); add a leg by middle of each 8' section, depending on drawer placement for much stronger bench; in back, I anchor the frame with lag bolts into the wall studs)... For any pounding areas, I place 2x6s(2x8s, 2x?s) laid flat on top of the frame,

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar