18 kitchen chairs image
Stay-at-ho
I am currently in negotiations with a company that uses pressure washing to clean the hood and exhaust systems in restaurant kitchens. I would be responsible for speaking to new customers, offering them an estimate on what it would cost them to have their equipment cleaned. If and when they choose to use the company, I will have "sold" the job. So what would be a fair range of salary and or commission for this type of work. I don't want to bid myself too low, but also I don't want to demand compensation too high and not get the job.
Answer
When i worked as a restaurant manager for 3 years, the people i spoke with regarding the hood were never the pleasant type. It was obvious they barely made any money and only preferred their job because they got to sit in a comfy chair and be on the phone all day.(their other option would be the fast food industry lol). but you sound professional, hopefully they give you a good start. i'd say ask for 15 to 18 bucks an hour assuming the cost of living in your area is average. good luck. : )
When i worked as a restaurant manager for 3 years, the people i spoke with regarding the hood were never the pleasant type. It was obvious they barely made any money and only preferred their job because they got to sit in a comfy chair and be on the phone all day.(their other option would be the fast food industry lol). but you sound professional, hopefully they give you a good start. i'd say ask for 15 to 18 bucks an hour assuming the cost of living in your area is average. good luck. : )
How can I be smart about my money before I move out?
Cymbeline
I'm 18 and looking to move out of my mom's place before the end of the year, preferably in a couple months. I make about $750 bi-weekly not including commission or bonuses (I made $150 worth of bonuses and commissions last month but I don't want to include that as it changes every month). However I give my mom $250 from every paycheck which usually winds up in my giving her about $750 a month though sometimes $500.
I don't like going under a $150 or even $200 in my bank account so basically I have $900 to work with every month.
I'm working on my wardrobe currently. After I graduated I lost my high school persona and moved very much into a business driven individual. I stopped wearing jeans,T-Shirts and sneakers and started wearing dresses,skirts and formal wear as soon as I started working for corporate.
Right now I have about 10 work formal outfits, 4 semi formal outfits and about 4 casual outfits.
I don't see myself buying any more casual clothes. I just don't like jeans and tshirts, I enjoy dressing semi-formally and knowing that I look very nice wherever I go. I want about another 7 outfits before I move out, 5 shirts I figure will cost me $140 as I usually spend $25-30 on a nice shirt, 2 more dresses-$70, 3 more skirts-$90 and two pairs of work pants probably $60.
I also want another three pairs of shoes as I have three pairs of heels and a pair of heeled leather boots. I want two more pairs of heels which I figure will cost me $90 and a pair of flats about $25.
I think that would be enough as far as clothing goes though I'm scared I'm spending too much on clothes. If anybody has any ideas where to buy quality formal/semi-formal clothing for work for cheaper than the prices I listed please feel free to mention them. :) I really need them to be quality though because I don't want to have to buy more clothes a couple months from now because my other clothes are faded or worn out already.
Other than clothes I would need to put away a certain amount of money for furniture. I have a bed with a great wooden frame and drawers under it though I would want a new mattress because mine has a few tears and it's not as comfortable as I would like, I have a dresser, bookcase,desk and office chair that I can take with me. I would be moving into an apartment so most kitchen stuff would be supplied. I don't really want a TV because I don't like watching it. I would need living room furniture, a kitchen table, chairs and other misc furniture and decor.
I would also like to have enough for a few months rent saved up and paying a monthly payment on a used car might be trouble too though once I have my own car I plan on packing in the overtime.
How can I best organize my money starting next paycheck?
Answer
Hi. First off the best way to be smart about money at such a young age is to stop increasing your debt. If you have any credit cards that are maxed out, cut them in half. If you have more than one remaining credit card, cut them up. When you finish, you should have no more than one credit card. Also cut up any âconvenienceâ cards, such as gas cards, department store cards, etc. You will use your one credit card only to buy âemergency thingsâ, and things that you know you will be able to pay off in a short amount of time until you can get your spending fully under control.
Here is an excellent article on 10 ways to get out of debt and be smart with your money===> http://golfingmagic.com/FindCheapAutoInsurance/2013/01/09/help-getting-out-of-debt-10-ways-to-get-out-debt/
Hope this helps and good luck with your finances!
--John
Hi. First off the best way to be smart about money at such a young age is to stop increasing your debt. If you have any credit cards that are maxed out, cut them in half. If you have more than one remaining credit card, cut them up. When you finish, you should have no more than one credit card. Also cut up any âconvenienceâ cards, such as gas cards, department store cards, etc. You will use your one credit card only to buy âemergency thingsâ, and things that you know you will be able to pay off in a short amount of time until you can get your spending fully under control.
Here is an excellent article on 10 ways to get out of debt and be smart with your money===> http://golfingmagic.com/FindCheapAutoInsurance/2013/01/09/help-getting-out-of-debt-10-ways-to-get-out-debt/
Hope this helps and good luck with your finances!
--John
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar