Moving to Abu Dhabi in November, need some guidance with respect to furnishing costs...?

dining set 4 seater
 on Garden Treasures Set of 4 Eastmoreland Slat-Seat Steel Patio Dining ...
dining set 4 seater image



OMAIR


I am planning to move to Abu Dhabi in November 2011. I am being offered AED 18,000 per month, I am newly married, don't have any kids.

Since I plan to move along with my wife, I would need to buy some basic housing stuff for my apartment in UAE (unfurnished one bedroom apartment has been already provided by the company).

Based on my requirements I have developed a list of items that I plan on buying:
* Bedroom set (comprising a double bed, side tables, 3 door Almira and a dressing table)
* Sofa set (5 seater)
* Dining table (4 seater)
* LCD TV (37 inches)
* Fridge
* Washing Machine

I have estimated that UAE Dirhams 15,000 would be sufficient for the aforementioned items!!!

Now I am not sure whether this is a correct estimate, I am very concerned as these are the first things I would need to buy once I arrive in UAE, hence I must take sufficient cash to pay for these items.

Kindly guide me in this respect. With respect to the quality of the items, I want the medium range neither the pricey items nor the cheap ones, hope you guys understand...your help would be highly appreciated.



Answer
I live and work in AD

IKEA has all you need though it is far from the city and you will need to take a taxi there (don;t use the shuttle bus, it's always crowded and hot).

After that, you can always buy decent quality second hand stuff from this website:

www.abudizzle.com

It's a kind of ebay for AD.

I would say 15000 AED will get you all you need. To move stuff around, just go onto any street corner and flag down a truck carrying Pakistanis. They will move the stuff for you for around 200 AED a trip.

Welcome to AD, bring an umbrella (for shade) and a million books. There is not much to do here but read.

Modern Furniture Place & Cost in Bahrain?




Phantom


Can anyone please give an idea about the approx. cost for following furniture. I need this to decide whether I should go for a SF or FF apartment because my stay would be around 2 years in Bahrain.

1- Modern Platform Wood bed with side tables, chest and wardrobe.
2- Living Room Furniture Modern artificial leather Sofa set (3+1+1), center and single tables and a center Rug.
3- Modern Glass and wood 4 seater dining table.
4- Sony Bravia 40 inch HD LCD with standard home theater system
5- Crockery and kitchen ware.
Kindly mention approx. cost in Bahrain item wise. It will be quite helpful for me.
Any website with cost details and items online for Bahrain? And if not, which is the best place to buy these items in Manama.

For Red Dragon: Can you please specify the prevailing rent of 1BHK SF in Sun & Sand Building and what services does it offer? Is it a new building with spacious modern looking and good standard apartments?

Thanks in Advance
Red Dragon, can I have your cell number on my email below? It would be of great help to me as I see you really assist expats moving to Bahrain. I assure not to disturb you in odd hours or your work time :)
sheheryarkhakwani@yahoo.com



Answer
I will give you the approximate cost, but bear in mind that there are shops that sell expensive furniture such as Pheobicia, freedom ... etc. and reasonable prices such as Home Center & Home Stores.

1. It ranges from BD400 to BD2000.
2. Leather is costly. I bought my modern sofa set from Phonicia and it is suede NOT leather. It cost me BD900. As for the center table, it does not exceed BD100. Rugs can be expensive depending on the quality. It ranges from BD50 to BD800.
3. I bought mine for around BD300.
4. I bought my Bravia for BD400, home theatre will cost you another BD200+.
5. It can cost between BD100 to BD400

I have mistaken with the name, it is NOT Sun & Sand it is GOLDEN SANDS, and here is their website: http://www.goldensandsapartments.com.

I have known few executives who stayed at that building and they were quite happy with it. I never entered there so I cannot really help you. Enter their website & have a look. There is a number which you can contact.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar