What should I do to seal the black leather insert on an antique oak dining chair?

dining chairs antique
 on ... French Country Crossback Dining Chair (Carver) - Antique White
dining chairs antique image



boudetd


I have an antique oak T back dining chair with a padded black leather insert in the seat. The leather is definitely worn and the padding is flattened, but it's not in terrible condition. The problem is that the black color of the leather keeps coming off, thus making the seat unusable (unless you want a black backside). Is there any way I can seal the leather so that I can sit on it again?


Answer
There are fabric sealers and dyes you can purchase at fabric stores. The dye along with polish should solve your problem . Otherwise if its worn too bad last resource would be to reupholster

How to integrate dining area into living room?




zoeskylark


I live in a small apartment and the dining area is virtually part of the living room. I have a small rectangular wooden table (antique) that isn't especially attractive. How can I make this look more attractive? The dining chairs are small and very pretty Victorian. My furnishing style is a blend of modern (mostly leather) with antique.


Answer
1] an area rug about three feet bigger than the table, to set off dining area. [ oriental, flowered, etc. ]
2] table centerpiece/runner/placemat that matches colors in LR




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar